Which is the nicest hotel in Puerto Vallarta?

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:59 PM
Ed

Which is the nicest hotel in Puerto Vallarta?

Looking for the very top of the line hotel in Puerto Vallarta. Price immaterial.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:17 PM
PV lover

You might hear about the Four Seasons, which is not actually in PV, too far away if you ask me. I would recommend the Camino Real. Best beach of any hotel in the city because it is on it's own little stretch of beach with no other hotels on it. Excellent service and food. It is a 5 minute ($3 US) cab ride into the heart of downtown PV. Not all inclusive, and you won't have some idiot trying to sell you a timeshare there.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 07:06 AM
JRinPV

I second the Camino Real, classy.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 12:29 PM
topper

ttt

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Ben

How does the Westin Regina compare to the Camino Real?

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 03:01 AM
nick

Avoid Intercontinental - lovely beach (go there for a couple of hours - you get access through next door condo block and as it is not so easy access, not one hawker or time share - fantastic!), but we checked out the room, $225 - rip off as pool and 1 restaurant closed due to hurricane (for probably next couple of weeks). Camino Real better for getting to old town. Westin looked very nice.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 07:09 AM
susanna

Another vote for Camino Real, mostly because it sits south of town on a beach of its own. The other high-end are located in The Marina or north in Nuevo Vallarta. I'm just not that impressed with the typical resort kinda place. Personally I believe PV = "top of the line" don't really go together. I love PV (actually am here now) but it's for the people and the old downtown etc. not to get fancy.

Four Seasons is by far the most expensive and probably more what you have in mind from your post, but it about 1 hr. north in Punta Mita.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 01:39 PM
mel

velas vallarta gets my vote. a 10 minute walk the great restaurants at the marina. porta bello if you like italian. 3 pools, on the beach can't be beat.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Randy

Along with the Camino Real, La Jolla de Mismaloya deserves consideration. Has been in the Travel Channel's top 10 Mexican Resorts the past two years. Best feature is the staff's service...most have been there for many years and can't do enough for you. Has a couple cool restaurants up on the hillside. Have fun!

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Matt

I like the Westin Regina Resort....great service, rooms, pools...beach not good, but we went to Yelapa (S. of PV) and to a wonderful beach (N. of PV) for fun beach time.
The Careyes Beach Resort (S. of PV) is also very nice....set in an absolutely beautiful beach setting.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 01:49 PM
shary

Westin Regina is ordinary except for the pool. The restaurants are all mediocre at best. Rooms good, service fine, pool excellent. I like the Krystal, for fun and excitement. Check out the private villa with its own pool!

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 08:58 AM
havkhones

Playa Los Arcos Hotel in the romantica zone. you are right down in the best part of the city on the best beach. there are many great restaurants withing walking distance as is the Malecon.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
susanna

Playa Los Arcos is fine, along with many others in this neighborhood but it is *FAR* from "very top of the line" that the OP asked about. It is a 3-ish star at best with a lot of typical-tourist BS going on.

If you want to stay some place central, I recommend Molino de Agua, but I just don't think you will find what you are looking for within PV proper. Check out the various properties in Nuevo Vallarta, or some of the exclusive places way south of town.