Search

Nuevo vs Puerto Vallerta

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Joy

Nuevo vs Puerto Vallerta

Stay at Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta or stay at Velas Vallarta all comments welcome

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 05:53 AM
JRinPV

If you want to be near nightlife and loads of great restaurants, stay at Velas, in the Marina and an easy cab or bus ride to town.<BR>If you want more seclusion stay in Nuevo Vallarta.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 01:19 PM
Joy

Thanks JR, are there 2 Mayan Palaces, 1 in PV and 1 in NV? If so, which one is the best one to say in?<BR>Thanks again

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:41 AM
to repeat JR

&quot;Stay in NV for seclusion, Stay in PV to be near nightlife and loads of great restaurants.....&quot;<BR><BR>I think you will miss the true charm of PV if you stay in NV. NV is &quot;all inclusive heaven&quot;. If you like to hang out at the resort all day, or if you drink alot (nothing wrong with that), or if you are afraid to eat at the restaurants away from the resort, then NV and all inclusive is the way you should go. There are places to vacation where there really isn't much to offer as far as a town or outside dining goes, and then AI makes more sense, but PV is not one of them!

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
susan

I would encourage you to look further... Personally I adore the Old Town central area. Charming, romantic, authentic, yet with tourist amenities. The resorts in Nuevo could be beachfront-anywhere-anytime-anyplace. So would be lovely, I'm sure, but not if you're interested in seeing things Mexican and meeting the lovely friendly local people.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
jim

Hi Joy.<BR>I live in nuevo a few blocks from the grand velas, sister to velas marina. it's by far the nicest a.i.. i teach english there and know the staff. you'll love it. tell them thier teacher sent you