Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need recomndation of the best All Inclusive Hotels in Puerto Vallarta. Also what is the area with the best beach. Help.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 04:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Try www.puertovallarta.net and go to the Bulletin Board there.

One thing to consider in location of your hotel, is if you have interest in spending time in El Centro (loads of good restaurants, wonderful shopping, local activities. I mention this because many of the A-I and resort properties are way out in Nuevo Vallarta (nice beaches there though) which is a good 30-45 mins. from downtown.

Many people who like to be in town, also choose not to go all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta because there are so many many great restaurants.
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Thank you suze for you advice. I like to be near everything but I thought that all inclusive is a better deal since they told me restaurants are very expensive in Puerto Vallarta. Is that true?
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 07:16 AM

No, it's not true. We have a full range of restaurants here, some are very expensive (although not by US standards) and some are very cheap, with a whole lot in-between. One thing for sure is the food (and the drinks) will be better than at the AI.
Saludos,
JR
The Insider's Guide to Vallarta
http://vallartainfo.com
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 08:12 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There are all kinds of restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. Whoever told you they are very expensive, must simply choose to eat in fancy places. I've done 15 vacations in PV and love it there. I stay downtown and find many great places to eat. Dinner for one, I typically pay between 100 to 250 peso (~$10-25 USD) for a nice fresh grilled fish, or a broiled steak, maybe with an appetizer and a drink or two in a neighborhood restaurant.

At the two ends of the spectrum you can find a 1/2 roasted chicken with warm tortillas and red sauce to go for 25 peso ($2.50) from a take-away window! Or drop $100 bucks at the upscale restaurants like Trio, River Cafe, La Palapa, Cafe des Artistes (these are likely the places people referred to).

Generally speaking the all-inclusives in PV are *not* well-known for outstanding food. If you want a do-nothing resort vacation laying around a hotel pool and eating at their buffet, sure go AI. If you want to experience all that Puerto Vallarta has to offer get yourself a hotel near town and explore.
Old Apr 8th, 2004, 09:11 AM

I agree with JR and Suze that there is absolutely no reason to stay at an all inclusive in PV to save money. That said, however, if you want a get-away-from-it-all experience and a gorgeous beach with an all inclusive package in PV, I would look into Majahuitas. I am very picky about food and the food there was absolutely incredible. My husband and I stayed there for a few days and then stayed in PV proper for the rest of our vacation and the food in both the town and at Majahuitas was great. Majahuitas is run by Mexicans and the chefs are Mexican so you don't lose the fantastic experience of culinary Mexico by staying there, like you would at most all inclusives. There are pictures of Majahuitas at differentworld.com