Search

hotel in puerto vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in puerto vallarta

My husband and I will be traveling to Puerto Vallarta in early March and want to find a hotel in the Romantic Zone of the city for 3 nights. We will be traveling with my 80 yr. old parents. We have been to Puero Vallarta before and want to experience a more local scene (we stayed at the Westin before) in town. We have been looking at Playa Los Arcos but have read mixed reviews and may want to stay somewhere a little nicer, preferably under $200.00 a night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 08:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Maybe the Tropicana?
www.hoteltropicana.com then click on the Puerto Vallarta property

The trick about staying in the "zona romantica" is that it's mostly older places, not as fancy as out in the Hotel Zone, the Marina or Nuevo Vallarta.

Don't get me wrong, I love that area! It's just not real "high-end".
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:03 AM

I agree w/Suze the hotels in that area are not by any means anything like the Westin in terms of top rate hotel. Might I suggest the Sheraton it is comparable to the Westin but close to town, in fact you and your husband will be able to walk into town, I don't know about your patents. It is a very short cab or bus ride. Check it out. I have been going to P.V. every year and sometimes 2x a year and have stayed at the Sheraton the most times.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:04 AM

Sorry I didn't edit this I meant parents not patents
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:28 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
To clarify Butsey's post above, the Sheraton is not in the romantic zone but rather the south end of the hotel zone, so closest to downtown.

I'm not in anyway disagreeing with the suggestion just to let you know the location!

If you are looking at a street map of downtown PV (you can find them on the internet) "zona romantica" is the neighborhood you see that is south-of-the-river (the Rio Cuale that divides the town in two)... Downtown, the Hotel Zone and all the rest are north-of-the-river.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:48 AM

Here are bunch of maps, starting with the outlying areas. http://vallartainfo.com/outerlimits.html
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Check with several travel agents on the net. You can find a very nice 2 bedroom Condo in your price range in March, in Zona Romantica. You just have to do some searching. i.e. email : [email protected], or Wendy at: [email protected], and there are several others. Playa Los Arcos has a very pretty pool, nice beach view restaurant and surrounding areas on the beach. You only need to ask for an upgraded accommodation price.