Puerto vallarta : luxury hotel with baby ?

Oct 29th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Puerto vallarta : luxury hotel with baby ?

We would like to go to PV because it is closer to California ( initially I was looking at Grand Cayman - Ritz ) but the flight is too long...
The Four season looks great but too remote.
Villa Premiere...do not look like what I like...
Casa las Brisas and others very nice small scall luxury will not allow our baby ( she is one year old )
Please HELP !!!
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:34 AM

There's not an abundance of what I would consider true "luxury" properties in Puerto Vallarta, that might be part of the problem you are running into.

Casa Magna Marriott, the Westin, Velas Vallarta, etc. might be possibilities?

Have you thought about Cabo instead?
Oct 29th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Cabo is not as nice, right ? ( that is what I have read ) ...
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Cabo is desert. So much more in PV. I don't see anything wrong with the Sheraton and it is close to PV Centro. But they don't have as nice a beach. If you can afford the Four Season hotel (the creamdelacrem) you would be very happy with a Condo on Los Muertos Beach. There are some very nice ones. I think Vista delSol rents out as time shares and they are very nice inside. There are fabulous restaurants within walking distance of Old Town so I don't know what advantage there would be in a fancy hotel.
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Cabo is very different from Vallarta, but they have many more "luxury" properties is why I mentioned it.

I love PV and go there every chance I get, have for years, but I don't think it specialized in luxury level accomodations as much as other destinations have to offer (was the reason for my comment).
Oct 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM

"so I don't know what advantage there would be in a fancy hotel"

Blondlay- I don't either, but that is what the OP asked for so I was attempting to respond to that. You know how I love the Old Town, but luxurious it is NOT. I don't think anyone would call it that.
Oct 29th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

thank you, I am going to check the condos on Los muertos beach.
What is your favorite hotel in PV ?
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:51 PM

I stayed at the Camino Real a couple of years ago before it became Dreams, and liked it very much. It had a fantastic location, and a beautiful beach, wonderful, very "civilized" ambiance. It was older but well maintained. Now that it is Dreams, and an all inclusive, I don't know how different it is, but I would go back and give it a try, even tho it's all inclusive just because it was such a wonderful spot.
Oct 29th, 2006, 04:42 PM

I have only heard good comments about friends that have stayed at Dreams. However, it would be a shame to miss the wonderful restaurants because you chose an all inclusive. Suze is right, PV hotels (in old town) are not luxury hotels, but the sheets are clean and there are no bugs. So that makes me happy. Seriously, there are really nice condo's, some units better than others, just check with several travel sites or agencies. And don't go between July and the middle of October (hot and humid).
Oct 30th, 2006, 05:51 AM

Hi I agree there are no luxury hotels in the heart of P.V. I have stayed at all the best hotels in P.V. The Marriott, Sheraton, Fiesta Americana, and the old Camino Real which is now Dreams. I go to the Sheraton most of the time because I have friends who work there, it is close to town and it is really a very nice hotel but I must say that if I were to recommend a hotel that I thought was the best they have to offer I would say the Marriott. I am going back to the Sheraton on Sat for a week staying at a time share that a friend of mine offered to us, but if I were going to suggest what I consider the best I would say the Marriott. I think their customer service, food and overall everything is the first
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:01 AM

Try the Hacienda San Angel, this is definitely 1st class and right in town - Gringo Gulch.
http://www.haciendasanangel.com/
Oct 30th, 2006, 06:10 AM

cabron- Ooow... Nice suggestion above!

My personal "favorite hotel" doesn't fit this discussion by any stretch of the imagination!

Casa Magna Marriott is a very pretty hotel, beautiful open air spaces, large pool area, etc. but I guess I don't think of it in the "luxury" category myself, it just seems like a Marriott gone upscale Mexican. Don't get me wrong it IS very nice but didn't sound like the category the OP is seeking either, when the words "small scale" are mentioned. It's huge.

Oct 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM

The hacienda San angel is beautiful, but states not suitable for children. Too bad.
Oct 30th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

I saw that, but it is gorgeous ! What a pity !!!
Oct 30th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I certainly didn't mean to put the Marriott in Luxury category but of the hotels in P.V. I think it is the nicest. Check out trip advisor.com to see what other travelers have to say, even there you will find all different opinions, it's a hard call. The one thing I would not recommend is an all inclusive. There are so many restaurants in P.V. a shame to miss out on them.
Oct 30th, 2006, 04:10 PM

oh Butsey, I didn't mean to contradict your always good information. I think as we're figuring... in Vallarta + a nice small scale luxury property + welcoming a baby, well it's going to be hard to find is all.

euripide, buena suerte!!
Oct 31st, 2006, 06:06 AM

Hey Suze I am as always in agreement w/you I didn't take it is contradictory,just wanted to clarify
Nov 1st, 2006, 04:59 AM

Has anyone stayed at the paradise village resort and spa? does this meet criteria