Search

Puerto Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Vallarta

I'm staying at the Villa Del Parma in Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone know if there are things within walking distance? Is that a good area?
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 11:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Villa del Palmar is in the Hotel Zone. You can take a local bus or taxi into El Centro (downtown) easy enough, maybe ~15 mins. or so from your resort.
Old Feb 21st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. You mention the romantic zone are. Where is that? Is the Villa Del Parma located in a nice beach area and a nice hotel? I'm very excited about the trip and your postings have been very helpful. There are 8 people going on our trip. In the Bahamas we could rent dune buggies to travel around in-do they have anything like that in Puerto Vallarta?
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:22 AM

This hotel is not near the Romantic Zone.....
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 04:57 AM

The hotel itself made up a nice "beachy" area.The beaches in PV are not the greatest.The hotel is alright, about a 3 star. Clean,not to big.
If i am not mistaken isnt it Villa del Palmar, not Villa Del Parma, as in Parma cheeese Yes, they do have a Dune Buggies try www.puertovallartatours.net
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM

Try to find youself a map of Puerto Vallarta (www.vallarta-info.com has good ones). U=You'll see the city lays in a semi-circle around the Bay of Banderas.

It goes roughly in this order north to south:

Nuevo Vallarta (newer larger resorts)
*airport
The Marina (Marriott, Westin)
North Hotel Zone (where yours is)
South Hotel Zone (Buenaventura, Rosita)
El Centro/downtown/the Malecon
*river
South-Side/zona romantica (smaller hotels and Los Muertos beach)

I've not been to the beach at your resort, but my friend owns a timeshare there and like it fine. Generally speaking PV is not known for great beaches like in the Caribbean. But don't worry, it has many other charms to make up for that.

I'm not certain about dune buggys, but have seen ATV tours around town. There's loads of great things to see and do, you won't have any trouble finding plenty of tours, activities... or not!

Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

thanks to everyone. Should tours that we like be booked ahead of time or is it better to wait upon arrival. I read that you get a discount if you book ahead at some of the tour companies. Has anyone ever had the Temazcalli Rejuvenation treatment at the Hacienda hotel & Spa?
Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 01:27 PM

I'd email who ever you are going to use and maybe book somewhat ahead, ask the tour company. Sometimes depending on what you want to do, things can fill up when cruise ships are in port.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

I'm going to Puerto Vallarta in October. I have a chance to stay at either the Fiesta Americana or the Villa Del Palmar. Has anyone stayed at either one? I know Suze said her friend owns a time share at Villa Del Palmar. I have been reading horrible reviews about the checkin at Villa and how you never get the room you requested. It's not too late for me to change.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM

I have not stayed at either, but even with a timeshare my friend never gets the room she is supposed to at VdP.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 12:20 PM

I don't know what the problem is with reserving a room you want and when you get there they never have it. That's why I now rent a timeshare, at least you know what you are getting. I have never been to Villa De Palmar but I would think the Fiesta Americana is a better hotel. Even there I had a problem with the room. I just can't figure it out. Good Luck
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM

I hesitate to say since it is completely 2nd hand information, but I also always had the impression that Fiesta Americana was the nicer resort.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

I really appreciate all the comments. I had my agent look into changing my res. yest. Just too many complaints when I'm handling 8 peoples reservations.
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone ever Temazcalli Rejuvenation Spa that is featured at the Hacienda Spa? It's done with volcanic ashes.