Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Interval International Recommendations in Puerto Vallarta??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a timeshare at Paradise Village and we want to exchange it for 2 weeks in P.V. Any suggestions for Interval International places that are well situated in P.V.? We won't have a car. Gracias!
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 04:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you tell us the resorts that are "Interval International"? I'm happy to help, but don't know off the top of my head who is associated with who.
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Here's the listing in PV...any help would be appreciated! We've never been to P.V. before and it would be "cheaper" to go to Paradise Village in Nuevo...but have been told that it's too isolated and far away from PV ... we want to go for 2 weeks next January.

Blue Seas Resort & Spa
Castles & Condos
Embarcadero Pacífico
Lindo Mar Adventure Club
Ocho Cascadas
Playa del Sol Costa Sur
Vacation Internationale - Vallarta Torre
Villa Pacífico
Villa del Mar
Villa del Palmar
Villas Loma Linda
Villas Mediterraneas
World International Vacation Club - Casa de la Playa
World International Vacation Club - Conchas Chinas
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 06:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow I'm out of my element here (but I see the folks over at Trip Advisor are helping!). As much as I think I know PV, I guess I just don't know the timeshare properties!

A friend owns at Villa del Palmar and is satisfied with it.

You're right, a huge consideration is the in-town vs. Nuevo thing. Nuevo is about a 45 mins. drive to the north from downtown PV (30 mins. from the airport)... So it just depends what you want to see & do each day. If it's relaxing at a nice resort, then staying in Nuevo is fine. The beaches are much nicer out that way, than in town.

But if spending time walking around Centro, going shopping, strolling the Malecon, eating at different restaurants, art galleries, entertainment, nightlife, etc. than you want to stay somewhere closer to or actually in the city of Puerto Vallarta.

The Conchas Chinas location caught my eye, because that would be a bit out of town, but too the south, and nowhere near as far as Nuevo. Again don't know the property but there are some pretty beaches down that way.
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 09:06 AM

In looking at your list, I see Vallarta Torre' listed. We have stayed there many times, as we are VI owners. We have always enjoyed it--although it (and PV) has changed "a bit" from our first visit in 1980!! It is only a few blocks from the marina and we walked over to check it out again, a few weeks ago, when docked there on a cruise, as it's been a few years since our last visit. You would have a problem booking in JAN or FEB, I think, as it always seems full. We were recently able to book two weeks at the end of March 2011. We have friends who stay at a place in Nuevo Vallarta and like it, but do find it more isolated.