Please provide Royal Hideaway info/pictures

Nov 7th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Mary

Please provide Royal Hideaway info/pictures

I have heard great thing about Royal Hideaway. I went to their website and tried to reuqest a brochure but for some reason I kept getting an error. Does anybody out there have some pictures they can share with me???

Also, I heard the food is great. But is it like many resorts were you are limited to 1 or 2 a la carte dinners per visit? Or can you get your lunch and dinner at any one of the restaurants, as many times as you'd like?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 8th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Susan

Hi Mary,
Well I do have a lot of pictures that I can email you. (I just stayed there Oct. 12-17th). Just let me know what email address you'd prefer me to send them to. Basically you have 4 a la carte restaurants to choose from. Each restaurant has its own specialty. For breakfast you can go to two of the restaurants, one is a buffet and the other is a la carte, where you can get anything from eggs benedict to french toast to mexican eggs. For lunch we always wound up at their snack bar restaurant right off the beach. There you can have appetizers of fried calamari, buffalo wings, fried cheese (mozzarella stix)and of course more! For a main course, there are various salads, fajitas, hamburgers, individual pizzas, grilled mahi mahi. I believe one of the other 4 restaurants do offer lunch dining, but we always went to the snack bar. There is an Italian restaurant, Palazzo, our favorite, where you can dine inside or I highly recommend dining outside on the balcony where you can see the lights of Cozumel, very romantic, and the food is outstanding, I had their salmon ravoli, delicious! Also their soups are to die for! The continental restaurant, Ventannas, is also very good and you can enjoy live piano music while you dine. The Mexican/Carribbean restaurant, Spices (also where they serve the breakfast buffet) is decorated in a very festive mexican fashion. Good food too. Finally their Thai restaurant, Azia, is also very good. I would recommend ordering the tempura shrimp, I didn't order it, but a couple near us did and it looked extremely good. Every restaurant has at least 6 entrees to choose from, not 2 or 3 items. Everytime you dine they put your name on a little folding card on the table so that they can address you by your name. However, my last name they couldn't really pronounce! I also recommend to email the resort from the website about 1 to 2 weeks prior to arrival and request villas 24, 27, or 31 and a king size bed. Its not guaranteed but it does help. Also email them for the first night you are going to be there, reservations for what restaurant and time you would like to dine. We first chose Palazzo, at 7pm to dine outside. Definitely try that one first! Then when you arrive that day, speak with your conceirge and make reservations for the rest of your stay there for dinner, for the other restaurants.. Make sure to inquire about their Mexican night which is in a Friday night outside (we left before we could go to this) and they also have a dinner theater, but we didn't have time to try it as well. We also saw that (I think you arrange this also ahead) , dining on the beach for two, with white table linens and candles. They serve you on the beach! I think its extra $$ but it looked very romantic. Hope this helps! And remember to let me know about what email address you would like me to send the pics. Good luck!

Nov 8th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Mary

Susan, it sounds great!!!!! This is exactly what I have been wanting. Please email me pictures to [email protected]

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Nov 8th, 2002, 07:59 AM
melhams

I would love to see the pictures also! My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Melanie

Nov 8th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Mario

Hi Susan,
My wife and I are also planning a trip to RH. Could you also please email me those pic's.
Thank You
[email protected]

Nov 10th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Vicky

You can find good pictures of Royal Hideaway at: www.jmtravel.com/royal5.htm
I just returned from a 10 day visit there and it was absolutely incredible! It is worth every penny. You will love it. There is nothing wrong with this place. PS - we did not get sick from the water, either. It is a perfect and beautiful resort.

Nov 10th, 2002, 05:53 PM
theresa

Hi,

I am thinking of going to royal hideaway but I'm very curious if it is all honeymooners and couples. I would be with two girlfriends, and while we're not into the whole singles thing, we don't want to visit noah's ark either. thoughts?

theresa

Nov 12th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Nancy

Susan, could you please e-mail me the pictures too? You mentioned also about villas 24, 27 and 31. Are these the standard luxury category? My e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you

Nov 12th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Susan

In reference to the recommended villas - all the villas at the RH are either 2 or 3 levels. I found out through another website someone else recommending these villas. Basically what I found out, after staying in villa 27, these 3 villas are just located closer to the beach. They have both luxury and ocean front accommodations. We had the regular (luxury room) which was still beautiful. Being that the resort isn't HUGE it doesn't make a big difference but I did find it nice to be close to the beach.

Nov 12th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Mary

Hi Susan, thank you for the pictures. I am convinced that this is my vacation destination. Well, I have been trying to get a quote to see approx how much this vacation will cost me. I went to Expedia and it didn't give me Royal Hideaway as an option. I also went to Funjet Vacation and was unsuccesful. I will be coming from Houston, TX. What am I doing wrong? Will I fly directly into Playa del Carmen or Cancun?

Nov 12th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Susan

Mary,
Well I booked my trip through a travel agency, Liberty Travel. They work a lot through Apple Vacations. I believe that they have a website that you can try www.applevacations.com. We wound up getting a charter flight and flew from Newark to Cancun. It was a 3 hr and 15 minute direct flight, went very quick. Once we arrived in Cancun we got our luggage and went outside where there were different taxis and people standing outside. We heard someone yell out Olympus Tours and that's who works with Liberty Travel/Apple Vacations who took us in an air conditioned van with another couple, to the Royal Hideaway. The drive was about 45 minutes but it went very quick. Also the day we were leaving the Olympus Tour Van took us back to the airport. Very convenient and easy. I do believe that they are in the process of building an airport in Playa Del Carmen so that you can fly into there instead of Cancun, but for now you have to fly to Cancun. I hope that this helps!

Jan 21st, 2003, 10:51 AM
Jim

Susan,

If you are still checking this site, I would greatly appreciate any pictures you have of RH.

Any suggestions for romantic spots?

Thanks !

Jim