Maui-Most romantic restaurant?

Old Feb 17th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui-Most romantic restaurant?

My husband and I are going to Maui in April and want at least one place to go for a really romantic dinner. Any suggestions??
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 07:47 AM
gyppielou

A picnic basket filled with fabulous treats both savory and sweet. A great bottle of champagne or wine. And Makena beach at sunset. Where are you staying. Wouldn't want a long drive after all that romance!

Old Feb 17th, 2005, 07:51 AM

If you want a restaurant, we loved Mama's Fish House
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:34 AM

Mama's Fish House or Swan Court at the HYatt on Ka'anapali Beach.
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Hands down NIck's Fishmarket Grill in the Kea Lani hotel. This is where I had my 50th birthday dinner in Oct. It is amazinging beautiful and the food and service is unsurpassed. My husband said it was the best meal he had ever had.

If you would like to see pictures of my birthday dinner and the restaurant email me at [email protected] and I will send you the link to Shutterfly where my pictures are stored

Kay
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 05:21 PM

Mamaa's, you can't go wrong. I LOVE the shrimp stuffed Mahi Mahi.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 09:38 AM

My favorite is Capische? at the Diamond Resort in Wailea.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:50 PM

I'o (that's the name), on the beach at the south end of Lahaina is incredibly romantic. They have a covered dining room and an open air dining area in a tropical garden setting at the edge of the beach with sunset and ocean views. Food is outstanding. I have photos if you are interested.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Loved Mama's Fish House but you need a reservation for a good table, in fact you need a reservation for ANY table at mama's! You need to make your reservation a minimum of several days in advance. Early dinners are best when it's still light enough to see the picturesque, intimate little beach!
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 10:04 PM

I've never made my reservations for Mama's that far in advance. Usually we call the same day. Friends had dinner there last Saturday night (Valentine's weekend) with no reservations and still has a great table. People book reservations way in advance and never show up. I'd wager you could get a table just about any day with short notice, except maybe on Mother's day, Xmas, etc.
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:33 AM

HereToday... On a post you made about a month ago, you described a small restaurant - maybe a dozen tables, where you said it was one of you and your husband's favorite places to eat. I have traced back your past 100+ posts and can't seem to find the place you were speaking of. Can you help again? Perhaps it was Capische? You have mentioned that lately.

Also, while I have read what others have said about The Ranch House, do you have an opinion? 4 Days in Hana will require one decent meal out. Doesn't need to be pricey, but quality/value is always good.

Thanks Again,
Paul

32 More Days!!!
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Capische? is very small and our favorite "special" restaurant. The setting, the food, the view, the service, live jazz on weekends--everything about Capsische is perfect, as far we are concerned. Of course, one of the things we really love about it is that is usually off the tourist track, not overbooked, but if I keep sharing about it here it will become more popular and we'll have to find another secret place to dine. lol

In Hana do you mean the Hana Ranch Restaurant? In the morning I like to go there for breakfast. DH has his standard--loco moco-- and I always get the French toast. You order at the take-out window and eat at the picnic tables. Lot's of good food and good company. Breakfast stops serving pretty early and from 10 am you can get take out turkey and roast beef sandwhiches. For lunch they have salad bar/buffet that is OK. Wed night is pizza night, Monday is karaoke night on the patio, but only pupus. Dinner is only Wed, Fri, Sat and it is casual, standard fare. It is like that little place you go to go in your home town for a quick dinner, nothing special, but they have steak and pasta and salads and burgers for affordable prices. If you lived in Hana, you'd take the kids here on a Friday night.

When we stay in Hana we like to have one dinner at the Hotel restaurant, but ususally avoid Fridays. Friday is buffet night and if this is my one night out I don't want a $45 buffet meal.

Almost left for Hana this afternoon. I almost had DH talked into heading out until Monday, and tempted him with promises of 4-6 foot waves at Homoa. But, alas, he is more pratical than me and reminded me that he needed to cut the grass tomorrow. *sigh* He's getting set in his ways...
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 05:35 PM

Thanks HTG2M - I appreciate your advice.
You also have no idea how much I enjoy your posts.

-Paul