Search

Romantic Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:17 PM
Rick

Romantic Restaurant

I'm looking for suggestions on romantic restaurants in New Orleans. Bella Luna keeps coming up, but some say it is too noisy and crowded now. Does anyone have any other recommendations? A nice quiet, candlelit atmosphere would be nice.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Susan

I'd think the Napoleon House would be tres romantique, sitting in the candlelit courtyard by the fountain. Be sure to specify the courtyard in your reservation.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:54 AM
Rick

Thanks Susan,
Is the Candlelit courtyard part of Napoleon House itself or part of Girods Bistro?

Thanks
Rick

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:58 AM
Jo

We ate at Bacco and had a wonderful table and a delicious meal.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:11 AM
kim

My husband and I enjoyed Gamay.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:26 AM
Susan

Rick, I didn't realize when I was there that they are two different things. Looking at the website the menu from Girod's is what was served in the courtyard. We did not have reservations and when we were greeted by the hostess she just asked us if we'd prefer to dine inside our outside. It was an unusually cold evening for NO so we hesitated to eat outside but the courtyard was too lovely to resist. It is equipped with heaters in the very off chance it is cold when you dine there.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:05 PM
ktell

I enjoy a romantic evening that has soft jazz music playing and excellent food. Andrew Jaegers is my favorite. Although it's a seafood restaurant....the Steak is awesome! Everyone we've ever introduced Andrew Jaeger's to have been thoroughly impressed.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:17 PM
gail

We ate at Bella Luna two years ago for dinner and it was not what I would call romantic.Food was ok not GREAT. We couldn't really even see out the windows that night. I would have prefered a courtyard setting as mentioned above.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 03:56 AM
d

I would have to disagree about Andrew Jaegers. Been in N.O. five years and have eaten there twice for business. Marginal at best. I think locals avoid the place.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Larry in SD

Rick,
The courtyard is part of Girods , even though you enter through The Napoleon House. I just had dinner there a few days ago and it was very romantic.Quiet , low light , lots of atmosphere but it could have used a nice piano or jazz. I'm greedy I guess.
Bella Luna usually shows up in reference to it's view of the river. I've never been there but my wife , who has ( hmmmm) said the river is sometimes not to be seen.
Larry

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Rick

Thank you all for your suggestions. Have a tough decision to make!!

Rick

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:27 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Duane

I ate at Bella Luna this past April... I chose it because I wanted a romantic restaurant and Peristyle was closed on Mondays.

I was disappointed with Bella Luna in both food and atmosphere. When I made the reservation, I said it was a special occasion and asked for a window seat. Instead, we were put in an addition to the restaurant that had about as much charm as a convention hall. It looked like the other hapf of the place was much nicer but I don't know for sure.

As for the food, it was not anything special. Not bad, but by no means great.