Reload this Page >

restaurant help-pittsbrugh/shadyside

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:51 AM
tess

romantic. great view, great food-anywhere in pittsburgh city? staying in shadyside.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:03 AM
x

great view...any Mt.Washington resaturants....and there are romantic restaurants in the city..which is important?...

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:15 AM
x

Tess,
I`ll e-mail you some info if this is your right e-mail address..only if you want..there are some good Shadyside and Mt. Washington restaurants...but have different prices$$...personally I love Granview Saloon on Mt.W---

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:16 AM
x

oops....Grandview ....

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:55 PM
carol

hi tess! i can give you some suggestions but they are not all in shadyside.mt.washington has the views of the city.suggestions atop mt.washington are monteray bay-seafood,great crabcakes.tin angel-very nice,small,quaint.figure about $140.00 for two.le mont-good food but we haven't been there in a few years.there is also isabella's-voted best new restaurant last year by pittsburgh magazine.downtown,there's a restaurant called the common plea that we liked alot.very good food.dark paneled walls,white linen tablecloths,etc.check out digitalcity.com-pittsburgh and click on shadyside.i hear there are some very good restaurants.enjoy!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Chris

Tess. The view from Mt Washington on a clear night can be spectacular. Even if you choose not to eat in one of the restaurants, try to take the Duquesne Incline up to Mt. Washington from Station Square to enjoy the view. In fact, you could enjoy dinner in the glassed in portion of the Grand Concourse (with a river view) and then take the Incline to the top.
I think the food at Monterray Bay is very good, but it can be noisy. Or you could eat in the bar area downstairs at tiny little cozy tables and it is almost totally glass. That way you could sit clost together, eat the wonderful crab cakes (more like crab mounds) and have a great view.
Enjoy the city and your visit.