Moon Palace

Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Moon Palace

We are looking at going to the Moon Palace for our honeymoon at the end of Sept. I would greatly appreciate any insight on what you thought about the rooms, food, area, beach, etc. Thanks...
Feb 4th, 2004, 10:45 AM

Hi Brad,
I love the Moon Palace and have been several times, BUT as others will point out, it is very big, which is a turn off for some folks. It was originally built for groups and they finally finished the golf course there. The grounds are large and the beach, is very, very wide. You have many, many choices to dine and I liked the large property as it gives you an opportunity to stroll around, be secluded if you wish and you are not crowded. The water in that area has alot of seaweed, you will see a few people on the beach but not many swimming. The pool area is where the action is during the day. Rooms all have a jazcuzzi and an "oceanview" however it may be just a sideways glance depending on where your room is. Make sure you tell them it's your honeymoon and I would request the Sunrise section as close to the beach/pool as possible. Congrats & Have Fun !
Feb 4th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info. That helps so much in our planning!
Feb 5th, 2004, 04:36 PM

moon palace is great--was there this past summer. the bad thing is that it is FAR from the "hotel zone".. $35.00 caf fare on way. the hotel has a bus but it fills up 2 hours in advance--who wants to wait 2 hours just for a seat on the bus!! however, it is an excellent property to just hang around at. great dance bar, great food, fun hotel lobby bar (big). and best of all--lots of honeymooners. i love it. not alot of kids running around. beach sucks--lots of seaweed but you can still lay out, play volleyball, etc... sun palace is also an option--it is on the hotel strip but no too close. at the sun palace you are at least on the local bus route where you can go to town anytime you want for 50 cents. good luck
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:33 AM

Sun Palace also has a nice beach, no seaweed problem at allbut it's more of a nice hotel than a resort. The moon is a sprawling resort.
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:55 AM

Yes, to each his own I guess, because I personally did not like the Moon Palace, and it was free for me! (convention). I thought it was way TOO big. Not very pretty with acres of nothing but cut grass. The jacuzzi in our rooms spit out brown water. Not inviting at all. The beach/ocean had way too much seaweed. It smelled a bit too so I didn't enjoy the beach at all. And last, I thought the food was EXTREMELY bland.
However, as someone else said, if you're 'pool' people, and don't mind just hanging out there as it's so isolated unless you have a car, then it might be perfect for you. Good luck and Congradulations on the Marriage!
Mar 11th, 2004, 07:12 AM

We spent a week at the Moon palace in November. It was a huge place. You had to walk 15 minutes at least to get to a restaurant. They refused to give us a room with an ocean view. The beach was terrible. Worst one I've ever been to. Lots of seaweed, and it smelled. Food was terrible. All the emplyees were pushing the timeshare sales. What ever you do, don't buy one! One night we found a male employee in our room with the dead bolt on. He said the door was open, and he was just making sure everything was OK. Spooky. I would not return
Mar 15th, 2004, 10:43 AM

If you want to stay at one of the Palace resorts for your honeymoon, my pick would be Cancun Palace. It is true that Moon Palace is HUGE, seaweed problem on beach, and far away enough from town that you need to take a taxi to go into Cancun for shopping, touring, pleasure trips, etc. If you don't plan to get away from your resort, then you might like Moon Palace.

Cancun Palace is a happening place and has a great beach. Their food is also fantastic. They have a nice pool area, two 18-hole miniature golf course on the premises, good location in hotel zone, great activities going on, or you can opt for more seclusion and just be alone. You also have privileges at all the other Palace resorts, so you could visit Moon Palace or Sun Palace for an evening dinner or lunch and check out their pools and surroundings. I don't think you would be disappointed with Cancun Palace.