Reload this Page >

Sun Palace or Moon Palace in Cancun?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
Don

All you Cancun experts can you please offer me some advice. I am planning in mid August to go to Cancun with my family which includes a 14 year old boy. I am thinking all inclusive, what do you think would be better Sun or Moon Palace? They are the same price and one is in hotel zone and one is out of the way, which do you think has better food, activities, beach and pool area? I appreciate any responses, thanks.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
Kenneth

Been to the Moon but only stayed at the Sun. Superb resort. Food services and amenities are equally top-notch at both. The Sun's pool is small but it's beach is beautiful. Moon's pool is beautiful but it's beach is lousy. And so it goes. Two things in favor of the Sun: because you're on the island, everything is a bus ride away; also, it's a very intimate hotel, the Moon is a sprawling city. If you stay at the Moon you will never know where your son is or what he's doing. Do I make a valid point?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:21 AM
JD

Try the Cancun Palace and get the best of beach and pool. Your 14 yr. old will probably love it here-mine did.The beach is great here with good waves and the pools are nice too.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Don

How is the food at the Palace hotels, is it mostly buffet? Do you have to wait a long time for bar service like some all inclusives ?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:17 AM
JD

Food was good at Cancun Palace.They have a couple of restaurants where you order off a menu-make reservations as soon as you get there.Food very good here. We never had to wait long at the buffets.Every night besides the buffets they also have a large outside grill going where you can get steaks, pork fish ect.In the afternoon, they put out a large spread of mexican appetizers.There is also a snack shop where kids can get hamburgers, fries, pizza,ect. all day. Getting drinks is no problem, there are so many bars to go to. also waitress will come to beach area with drinks.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Kenneth

I'm a NYC area restaurant manager, so I'm very picky. I thought the food at the SP was superb. Buffets are extremely extensive and the ala carte restaurant was of a very high quality. No complaints here although I'm known to over-critique dishes and service.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Cathy

We stayed at the Moon Palace and visited the Sun, Beach, and Cancun Palace. I think the Moon is more for adults while the Cancun would be perfect for a family with a teenager. I vote for the Cancun Palace.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Don

Everybody thank you for all your posts this gives me a deeper insight to all these places. One more question, why do you think that the Sun and Moon Palace is more money than the Cancun Palace. Now I would imagine that all these resorts were built at different times, could it be because one is newer than another?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:15 AM
T

T

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Kenneth

The Sun and Moon are more expensive to weed out the spring break type crowd. It works too.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Beverly

I vote for Cancun Palace for the beach and the views and the closeness to the town. Just a bus ride. I think your 14 year old will like it but we at the Cancun Palace in March and went to the Moon Palace for dinner and met kids there same age who said they were having the best time. In the Moon Palace you can still take the shuttle to the Cancun Palace & the town.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Jade

Just got back from a stay at the Cancun Palace end of March. We stayed there to be near the action for our 15 year old daughter, but the place was overun with spring breakers so we didn't enjoy it that much. The beach is nice, the pools are OK but we much preferred the Moon when we visited there. It's just much more luxurious, much larger, and has more to offer--beautifully landscaped grounds and facilities. We like it so well we bought a "club membership" but beware: when we got home, the fine print was different from what they told us at the sales pitch so we are arm wrestling with them. Didn't visit the Sun Palace but I've heard it is a step up from the CP and has suite type rooms (unlike CP). The regular rooms at Moon (called Jacuzzi Rooms) are small but nice. Personally, I'd skip the jacuzzi because it takes up too much space, but I think they all come with it. CP has larger rooms--nice enough and lovely view from balcony. Still, I'll stay at the Moon next time. Enornouse, meandering pools.