Search

Palace Hotels in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palace Hotels in Cancun

My husband and I are taking our two teenagers, ages 17 and 19 to Cancun in August. We are wondering if anyone knows which Palace Hotel is best.....Cancun Palace or Moon Palace are the two we are questioning. We are wondering if the difference in price for the Moon Palace is worth it....location-wise, etc. Thank you for any information.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 05:07 AM

Shelly, I have asked the same question as you did as I have 1 teenager and will be going to Cancun this summer also. What I have been told is that the Cancun Palace is the more high energy place that the teenagers would be looking for. It has a better beach and probably all the same food. Yes Moon Palace may be newer and a bit nicer as far as hotel is concerned and pools but I think the teenagers will be less bored at the Cancun Palace than at the Moon Palace. This is why I chose the Cancun Palace for my mid summer break.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:08 AM

Shelly: Of the two resorts, I think Cancun Palace would better suit your family. I also believe that in general it is a better resort than Moon Palace. While true that Moon Palace is a newer resort, Cancun Palace is by no means a shabby place. They have a beautiful lobby, GREAT pool area and their beach is much more desirable than Moon Palace's. Their food is excellent. They are conveniently located in the hotel zone. The bus stops right in front of the resort and is convenient to take shopping or to the clubs. They have a 36 hole miniature golf course on the property and there is always something "happening" at this resort.

Old Jun 24th, 2003, 06:13 AM

I also forgot to mention that Moon Palace is located about 20 minutes or so away from the central area of Cancun. You would have to take a taxi to get to Cancun. The public transit system does not run that far.
Old Jun 24th, 2003, 09:25 AM

If the quality of the beach is very important to you, the Cancun Palace has the better beach. The Moon is the nicer resort but the beach is full of seaweed.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:11 AM

Mandy - do you have to be a guest at the hotel in order to use the mini golf, or can you just come in off the street and pay to play?
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 08:48 AM

I believe it is open to the public. I've never really paid much attention, but I do remember seeing a price list posted. It's a cool course. Two 18 hole courses. One designated as easy and one more difficult. It's a nice way to relax and take a break from the sun and surf for a while.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Bo

As a visitor to one Palace Resort (with the all-inclusive package), you can use the facilities and eat at any of the other Palace resorts.

I went to the Moon Palace in October '02. We booked online thru www.great-cancun-vacations.com and although i was somewhat skeptical because their price was so much better than anyone elses, all went smoothly and i would recommend them.

One thing to note: don't fall for many of their 'special invitations' to special events, as they are simply timeshare pitches. When we arrived we were invited to a "Special Champagne Brunch which you will come to tomorrow because we'll give you champagne, and you're going to eat breakfast anyway, so what time would you like?"

I replied, "We're not interested" to which she asked "Why, you're going to eat breakfast anyway, no?"

So i said (in poor spanish), "Because i know! And please don't call me tomorrow morning asking me again if i changed my mind because we will not change our mind. Please let us relax and enjoy our vacation."

Never bothered again!
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 02:51 PM

You got to be real careful, I mean real careful, don't sign anything till your lawyer reads it!

check this out the story On the Palace at the bottom of the page here is the link:
http://www.thetimesharebeat.com/wordintl.htm
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 12:38 PM

I will also be going to Cancun late July, with my husband and 18 year old daughter. We are staying at the Cancun Palace and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc. From what I understand from my travel agent, you can visit the other Palace resorts, but there is no transportation provided from the Cancun Palace, and we would have to take city buses. She was actually unsure of this, but someone else told her that. Mostly I would want to visit Sun Palace for the non-motorized water sports. Are any of the other Palace resorts within walking distance? Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:41 AM

We stayed at Cancun Palace over Christmas 2002 with our girls, 15 & 17. They loved it! We visited Moon Palace. Its prettier inside and larger, but the beach is not pretty...lots of seaweed.
We also went to Sun Palace by bus, very cheap. You could maybe walk to Beach Palace from there? Sun Palace is very nice too and smaller than Cancun Palace. Pretty beach but smaller also.
Beach Palace is the oldest property. We think Cancun Palace was perfect for us. Lots going on, close to town by cheap bus and a beautiful beach. We found the food to be good to very good. I recommend it!!