Search

SJO to Quepos March 22

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SJO to Quepos March 22

If anyone is going to be in SJO and wants to get to Manuel Antonio or Quepos around mid-afternoon of the 22nd, let me know- I may be arranging a mini van and would be willing to share space.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM
TVL

Jdiduch,
I don't know if you are interested but I would recommend using Interbus which is a shared minivan. It is around $25/ per person and takes about 4 hours (w/2 stops) to get to Manuel Antonio.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

TVL,

Thanks for the tip- how do I contact this service?

Jeffery
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 05:40 AM

Dear jdiduch,
http://www.interbusonline.com
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Fantasy Bus is another one. It is also called Grayline. Prices run between $25-38 depending on where you go.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:52 AM
TVL

Jdiduch,
The website was a bit confusing for me to navigate at first. I wrote a Costa Rica #1 report w/tips about Interbus (search under Costa Rica) on the forum. There are two other options: Sansa is $44 per person and only takes 20 minutes. Then the shuttle for $4 will take you to your hotel. I think I also remember Interbus and a company called Monteverde can arrange a private transfer for $50. I hope this helps! Have a great trip!
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 06:55 AM
TVL

Sorry one other thing- We booked everything online ourselves and received a confirmation page to print out after our requests were processed.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi TVL

The main issue right now is timing- Sansa has not responded yet about whether they have seats available on their flights, which is unfortunate- I rather think they are booked. One bus service leaves at 6:00 pm and interbus is at 1:30. The dilemma is that I arrive at 12:41 (assuming the airline is on time) and from what I can see the major US airlines arrive about the same time- I am worried about being in customs forever and missing the 1:30, then having to wait around for the 6:00, which is just too late. I hate to spend 125 on a private transfer but I may have no choice...... Where, incidentally, does one get on the interbus in relation to the airport?

thanks
Jeffery
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 07:58 AM

We flew in on a wide body Delta flight at the end of Jan. The flight was just about full. We were through customs and on the road within about 20mins of landing because we just had carry on. I sent Sansa an email in Jan to try to get a flight and never did hear back from them. I finally contacted one of the lodges where I was going and had someone there make the flight reservation for me on Nature Air. Nature Air has a 4:30pm flight to Quepos but there will be about a 20-30min taxi ride to get to their airport from Juan Santamaria.
Monteverdeinfo.com is another company that does shuttles between places. Price is the same as the others. They also do private trips if all else fails.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 08:23 AM
TVL

Jeffrey,
It sounds like you might be tight on time. Based on your leaving date (assuming it is March 22nd) I searched on flysansa.com and it looks like their is a 2:40 pm flight leaving out of SJO (w/in walking distance to the airport) and arriving Quepos around 3:00 pm. You can book it online. As proof of purchase, I just printed off the confirmation page and showed it at Sansa and there was no problem. The only other thing I would suggest is Monteverde or Interbus for private transfer-I thought the price was around $50(?). If you go the interbus route (check the pick up time). We were tight on time but when we made the reservation it ended up our stop was last to be picked up so we ended up having a little more "wiggle" room on time. I believe they would pick you up outside where all the taxis are in SJO airport (just follow ground transporation). It is kind of a zoo so I would double check. There are so many carriers trying to market their own transportation. I hope this helps!
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 05:52 PM
TVL

TTT