Search

How are these hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are these hotels?

I am 32 traveling with my 2 sons ages 15 & 6...love to do lots, love the ocean, and love good food.

(1)Xpu-Ha Palace
(2)Barcelo Maya Beach Resort

Or where would u go? Thanks!
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:25 AM

I haven't stayed at either hotel, so I don't know how much help I can be. I would also check over at www.tripadvisor.com for reviews. But my husband and I spent a day at Xpu-Ha Palace before the hurricane damage a few years ago and it was a really cool place. I think your sons would really enjoy it if they are into a more eco-type vacation. They have nature trails and animals on the property. They also have a snorkeling lagoon and a mangrove area where you and kayak. From what I remember their pool is not very big, but they had a nice beach. Thay may have changed after the hurricane. They have the thatched roof bungalow type rooms, which are really cool, but do allow for some bugs to get in. Keep that in mind - we stayed in one of those in Cozumel and it did get a bit annoying! More of the flying type of bugs that are attracted to lights - they were all over our sheets. But the rooms were cool, especially if you get a top floor. I think they only accomodate up to three people. I know the Palace resorts used to include several excursions with the cost of your stay. See if they still do, that could factor into your decision.

I have never been to or seen the Barcelo, but I was looking at it online and it seemed very nice. It would be a different type of resort from the Xpu Ha though. I don't think you could go wrong with either!

I would lean towards Xpu Ha though.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM

sorry - it should say "where you can kayak" above.

Another thing about Palace Resorts is that you can share priviliges at other Palace Resorts. So if you wanted to go into Cancun one day, you could spend time at the beach at one of the other Palace resorts and eat at their restaurants etc...
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Is Xpu-Ha a Palaca Resort? Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Sorry, I meant Palace Resort. If you're talking about Xpu Ha Palace, it's part of the Palace chain which includes Moon Palace, Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Aventura Spa Palace, and few others. You can check their web site www.palaceresorts.com