KRYSTAL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KRYSTAL?

Has anyone stayed at the NH Krystal Cancun? It has a really good location. It's not too expensive either, but....since it is fairly cheap it makes me wonder about the hotel. I hear it can be kinda noisy b/c there is a DJ at the pool, which is fine w/ me. I am more concerned about the cleanliness and luxury of the hotel. I have read a couple of reviews, but I would like to see what the Fodor's travelers think
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:21 AM

I stayed there last February. The fact they had a DJ playing nonstop by the pool drove me absolutely nuts (and many others), and I would never stay there again. But if that doesn't bother you, everything else is actually quite nice.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Is it that bad? Can you hear the music very loudly in the rooms? What kind of music is it? I am 21, so a lot of noise really doesn't bother me, but if it's to the point that I won't be able to rest then maybe I won't stay here. Are the rooms nice? How about the beach behind the hotel? I have been to Cancun before, but this time around I want to stay a little closer to the action. My favorite part about Cancun was the pools and the beaches.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:50 AM

Everything else, rooms, lobby, pool, restaurant are all very nice (If you need a hairdryer, bring one. One of the rare nice hotels that do not supply them). Not a huge beach area. I was there ten years ago and a lot of it since then got washed away. I actually went back up to my room to read my book because I couldn't handle one more Britney Spears song. I could even hear it playing in my room which I believe was on the 6th floor and on the otherside of the pool area! It is, however, played all day, not at night. Anyway, it probably won't bother you. When I was your age and traveled, that didn't bother me at all. Now at the ripe old age of 37, I just want to read my book. LOL! Go and have fun.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the great advice. I don't know if I'll be able to handle Britney Spears all day long, but I'll try. =p