Cancun- Moon Palace Hotel

Nov 16th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Cancun- Moon Palace Hotel

Has anybody ever stayed at the Moon palace hotel in Cancun. I'm planning a trip in January and I would appreciate any feedback.
Nov 17th, 2003, 04:25 AM

A good friend stayed there last year. She loved it. Her ONLY complaint was that the beach had a lot of seaweed so she didn't enjoy it for swimming. Other than that she had a wonderful time, and she has high expectations.
Megg
Nov 17th, 2003, 05:29 AM

My sister and her family stayed there a couple of months ago. She's in the travel industry and she loved it there.
Nov 18th, 2003, 12:31 PM

I have stayed at the Moon Palace many times. Most people are turned off by the size as it was originally designed for large groups. I personally love it. I like not feeling crowded and the grounds are spacious. I do not swim much in the water, but yes it does have seaweed that far south. But if you like to sit on the beach, you will have lots of space. The rooms have hammocks on the balconies and jacuzzis in the rooms also. I like all the choices to eat and hang out. You will never go hungry or thirsty. Have a great time !
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:56 PM

I was just there for a conference and
Didn't love it. I thought it was extremely pricey for what it was. I feel personally that there are other hotels in the area, comparable in price, which are much nicer. The beach was nice, but very seaweedy. I am such an ocean person that I ignored the beach reviews that I'd seen before going, but there were NO exaggerations. If you're a beach and snorkel person, it's crazy to chose this hotel. As I said, the beach is nice, but not the white soft sand and crystal clear water you'd find at most other hotels in the area. The pool was VERY nice, very lagoon-like. The rooms are also very nice, marble bathrooms with large walk-in showers (for 2) and decent sized balconies w/ hammocks. We felt that the resort felt like a conference centre. At our conference, it took up over 2 thirds of the hotel. The lobby bar was insane! You might just want to make sure there is nothing like this the week you go. Even the pools were nuts, w/ everyone having tequila shot contests, etc.
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM

cassidy is correct on all accounts, just so you know before you go. The first time I saw the Moon a few days before it opened and at the time it was the biggest, nicest All Inclusive hotel around. There was only one section and no golf course or conference center. She now has alot of competition as far as All-Inclusives go, but I still ike it. Have fun !
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:24 PM

I just returned from a week at the Moon Palace and can't say enought nice things about it. The food was good. The service was excellent. Our room was large and the entire resort was clean and well maintained - especially for Mexico. The beach was beautiful but the ocean water in that location is very murky and full of seaweed. It's ok for water sports but not really for swimming. We thought the restuarants - especially the Japanese one were very good. It was a very relaxing vacation and I plan to go back soon. One suggestion - there are two sides to the hotel - the Nizuc and the Sunrise. The Sunrise hotel is newer and nicer. Each side has 5 restuarants and their own pool. It is an easy walk between the two and there is a lobby-to-lobby shuttle that runs every 10 minutes. Lots of activities around the pool each day and entertainment in the lobby bar at night. There are some shows, but not real professional. All in all I would certainly recommend it. Any questions please feel free to email me.
Nov 22nd, 2003, 11:26 AM

I've stayed at the Moon Palace and really enjoyed it. The pool is fantastic. The thing that I liked best about it, though, was the fact that it was so far from the heart of Cancun. It was more pleasant because it was not in the middle of all the hussle-bussle. True, the beach there is nothing to write home about, but you can always hop on a shuttle and spend the day at one of the other resorts in the Palace resort family (stay at one-play at all).