Excellence Cancun Riviera BEACH??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard various poor reviews abou the beach at this resort--dirty water, lots of grass, rocks, etc. Anyone here have any recent first hand experience? Thanks!
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 08:41 AM

If beach without seaweed and nice clear ocean water is a priority for you, this is not the place for you. Although the hotel and pool looked beautiful, the beach did not. My big complaint of that area is the seaweed on the beach and in the water. They claim they clean it everyday, but they just can't keep up with it. If they clean up one inch on the beach side of the pile of seaweed, one inch accumulates on the ocean side. We stayed next door at the Paridisus and walked down the beach on several mornings. The seaweed continues on for several miles south.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 08:46 AM

Moon Palace must also has the seaweed problem.

There are dozens of resorts in Cancun and along the riviera maya that have beautiful beaches.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Excuse my typo, my previous post should say

Moon Palace also has the seaweed problem.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 10:13 AM

<<There are dozens of resorts in Cancun and along the riviera maya that have beautiful beaches.>>

We visited at least 20 properties on a site inspection there last month and the beaches were nothing like they used to be.

For beach lovers, the Caribbean is a better choice.
Old Dec 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM
YC

We just returned from Excellence last week. I was worried about the beach/water from the reports I read; however, the beach in front of the resort is well maintained. There is some sea grass floating in the water but it was really a small amount and didn't deter us from swimming at all. The beaches down from the resort have more seaweed etc. I agree the beach/water doesn't compare to some parts of the Caribbean; however, we absolutely loved this resort and would go again.
Old Dec 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM

stayed at the excellence cancun in october of this year. The beach is kept clean in front of the resort there is seaweed in the water but its not as bad as some of the posts. We also stayed at the Secrets Capri -use to be a part of the same group until they seperated would say the beach is nicer at this hotel. No seaweed either