Reload this Page >

Looking for anniversary trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Allison

My husband and I are looking for a place to spend our anniversary. We are in our late 20s and enjoy outdoors and sighseeing. Any suggestions in Argentina, Peru or Brazil?

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Alejandro Zárate

Come to Argentina! If you´re plannning to come between november and march, you can see the lake district in the Patagonian Andes, otherwise you can go to the Iguazu Falls or the beautiful highland deserts of Salta and Jujuy. And you get to see the nicest city in South America. Email me for more information.

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you love outdoors and sightseeing, Brasil offers you many, many possibilities. Last december I and my wife visited Chapada Diamantina, a huge and natural region bigger than Holland, in the outback of Bahia. The entry door is the colonial city of Len&ccedil;&oacute;is, 425 km away from Salvador. Geology explains the origins of its major attractions, which include crystal-clear small rivers and ponds, cascades and waterfalls (the highest one is 420 m above the valley floor), huge limestone caves filled with crystal-clear blue water 60 m deep where you can swim (fly ?), an enormous swamp full of life which you cross by small boats, huge limestone caves, and an amazing landscape. I have visited several natural wonders around the world, and I am sure Chapada Diamantina is a major one. You must book a 1-week package (air travel + hotel with breakfast + all local trips), approx. US$ 450 (one person), starting point = Rio de Janeiro, S&atilde;o Paulo or Salvador. You will not expend too much locally (food and souvenirs). I booked a package from Freeway travel agency (www.freeway-adventure.com.br), which especializes in ecotourism. We liked it very much. You must fine-tune your arrival in Brasil, because Chapada Diamantina program starts Sunday morning, and ends next Sunday in the afternoon. If you prefer coastal regions and beaches, you must consider the gorgeous coast of Bahia (www.bahia.com.br). Make your choice and have a nice trip !<BR>
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 06:54 AM

Allison:<BR><BR>Check my post on Argentina &amp; Uruguay A-OK. Buenos Aires is one of my favorite cities and perfect place to spend an anniversary, wining, dining, shopping, and sight-seeing. <BR><BR>John
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:14 AM

I'm from Brazil (Rio) and I recommend u to come here. But both Peru and Argentina r just great. The last one is a piece of Europe with a latin way and Peru has many interesting places (as the classic Machu Pichu). Buenos Aires is fantastic, but Rio is uncreaduble full of life. PPl here a always happy and the view of the sea with the many mountains is just unbelieveble. The beaches in Brazil r the best in South America as B&uacute;zios, Porto de Galinhas, Trancoso, Jericoacara... There r many other amazing places as Amazon, Pantanal, Fernando de Noronha island, the south region... Any aditional info u want just ask. It will be a pleasure to help. ([email protected])
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 10:40 AM

i am a canadian who has been living in chile for the last year and i must say that argentina is the place to be. it is so beautiful, the people are great, service is phenomenal and you have to love how cheap it is becuz of the exchange. living in south america you truly learn to value good service. argentina it definitely my pick from the countries that you have listed. brazil and peru have many amazing thigs too but since it a special occasion i am sure that you want things to go off without a hitch. if you like the outdoors then you should make your way to san rafael. it is simply spectacular.