Jaco Beach Area Hotels

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Dee

Jaco Beach Area Hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Jaco Beach or the Backyard Hotel? My family currently has a reservation at the Best Western. Please give info on these 2 hotels, please.<BR><BR>Thank you.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 09:51 PM
barb

Hi, I got back today from CR. We didn'nt stay at either of these hotels but.. The best western is on the main street of Jaco Looks O.K from the outside, the beach out front isn't great. Would be fine for a day or two but not best choice in area. The backyard is south of Jaco on hermosa beach, this location looked much more inviting to me. We stayed at the club del mar codominiums for 3 nights. It was great because it's just south of town on Jaco beach with washers and dryers, pool ect. great when you have 3 kids 17,15,and 11 years. If I had to choose between the BY or the BW I'd probably take the Backyard. By the way the restaraunt Caliche's wishbone on the main street of Jaco was excellent value and great food. My husband and I went to the Nuevo latino at los suenos marriot resort on new years, it was good but also expensive{very}. Don't miss the sunset from the villas caletas amphitheatre it is spectacular. Have fun. We had an awesome time through CR.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Dee

Thanks, Barb. It appears that no one in the forum/chat room has stayed there. This is a good clue for me to cancel reservations at this hotel immediately! I did, however, receive some recommedations to stay at the Canciones del Mar with my 2-year old. <BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:37 PM
David Cook

A big second recommendation for the Cancion del Mar in Jaco, we stayed there 2 summers ago and really enjoyed it - in town near restaurants but kinda secluded by itself with a beautiful pool, BBQ's and beachfront. Payed $50/nite for a week in low season for 1-br suite, complete kitchen, nice AC, etc. Go back several msg columns for a thread about this great Jaco hotel! <BR>And no, I don't work for them!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Dee

Mr. Cook:<BR><BR>I went to the Canciones del Mar's website and I believe this hotel is exactly what we need. So, per your recommendation, I booked a room for my family for March 18 - 21 at $90 per night, breakfast included. <BR><BR>If I mention your name, will I get a better rate? <BR><BR>Once again, thank you for the recommendation. I will let you know how things with the hotel went (only if you'd like).

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 03:49 PM
David Cook

Name dropping wont get you a better rate unless you know the owner; I'm not sure internet booking will get the best price either. We were there in Aug, the lowest of low season, hence our cheap deal. We kind of arrived at a price by negociating with the manager. If they are not full, they will usually want to &quot;deal&quot;. I am curious about the breakfast, that was not avail when we were there tho we had a full kitchen so made our own. We BBQed some dinners as well, purchasing fresh fish from local vendors. Do let me know how things went when you return; good luck, I'm sure you'll have fun!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:00 PM
duke

Can anyone tell me the name of the last Hotel at the south end of the beach? Stayed there in 1998 and loved it ,Hope to go again.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:05 PM
David Cook

Possibly the Catalina? We stayed there a few years ago as well; good, with restaurants within walking distance.