Playa Los Arcos

Old May 26th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa Los Arcos

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? We're ready to book our trip for July and it looks like it has everything we're looking for - on the beach, within walking distance to downtown shopping, close to good restaurants, etc.
Old May 26th, 2006, 09:25 PM

Great Location. Decent moderate hotel. Nice pool. Go for it!
Old May 27th, 2006, 06:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Nothing fancy, but serviceable in an excellent location. I would not take their meal plan, though. Too many goood restaurants nearby. Some rooms are much nicer than others (street facing ones get complaints of noise and dreary, ocean or pool facing ones people esem to like much better).
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:19 PM
MissVicki

We stayed there a few years ago and loved the location. The guards on the beach were so nice they went and set up our beach chairs for us everyday and after we talked to them a few times they treated us like friends. When we first got there our room faced the street and our nieghbors were big partiers coming in about 3 am daily and kept on with the party! so we asked to be moved , no problem they moved us into a ocean front room with balcony.It is not fancy but we reallly liked it.Very quaint , the lobby was really pretty and the bar looks over the beach ( great happy hours)it is a rustic place but great for the price and a "real" feel to it.

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:57 AM
gdy

It's a decent hotel but the pool area is a little narrow for my liking. I like Hotel Tropicana more. I have photos of both that I can share, just send me an email.
Old May 30th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Another vote for the Tropicana. Great location, great pool area, most rooms with balconies facing the ocean. Rooms also have air conditioning, which you will need in July.

Los Arcos is not very clean, and most of the rooms face the pool in the narrow courtyard instead of the ocean.

Have a great time!