Search

First time to Cancun

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 12:57 PM
Llobato

First time to Cancun

Going to Cancun at the Blue Bay Getaway any comments on my hotel. Also What tours are the best?

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:22 AM
Kris

Chichen Iza is a must do tour.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:29 AM
traveler

Bear in mind that the last time I visited Cancun was 10 years ago. I know things have changed. But I agree, Chitcen Itza is a wonderful experience. Do hire a guide there rather than just wandering around on your own. The guides can explain the significance of many things. We enjoyed Xelha. At that time, it was a small park with great snorkeling expecially for those of us (I am one) who are not great swimmers. Tulum was worth the time and was our day trip to Cozumel for snorkeling and just wandering around. One thing tho, we took the fast ferry to Cozumel and the fumes were really bad. I was semi sick from it when I got off the ferry.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Llobato

Went to to Cancun and The blue Bay-getaway was great. Now the sister club Blue Bay Club the people were rude.<BR><BR>No waste of time was going and spending a whole day at Isla De Mejedes (sp?). dont waste your money going its boering.<BR><BR>Now it did rain for 4 days and when the sun came out all I wanted was the clouds back (HOT!)

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Mike

Went to Cancun in October 1998 during Hurricane Mitch, even though it severly limited our options of what to do, we still had fun. I would recommend going to Xel-Ha for snorkeling and swimming with Dolphins. Not cheap though, expect to drop about $125 per person to swim with Flipper. <BR>So many great restaurants,but Daddy Rock's seafood platter for two is a must do. have fun !!

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Nancy

I would ask you to please reconsider the dolphin swim. They are incredibly cruel. I did it once and was sorry ever since. No matter how clean or nice it looks, more than half of the dolphins die within 60 to 90 days of capture. <BR>In order to make an informed decision, please visit:<BR><BR>http://dolphinproject.org/ <BR><BR>http://www.hsus.org/ace/11727<BR><BR>(The second site is the Humane Society of the United States' position on SWTD programs.)<BR>