Cabo - Great Time

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Margie

Cabo - Great Time

Just back after 7 days in Cabo and have to say it was awesome. After reading some of the prior threads on Cabo was curious to see what was going to be like but the place is great! There were 5 girls in our group and we never felt unsafe. Loved downtown. We stayed at the Westin Regina - club side and loved every minute of it. El Squid Roe and the Giggling Marlin are a lot of fun and should not be missed. Sancho Panzas and La Trattoria are not to be missed! Any specific questions please ask.

Old May 6th, 2002, 11:11 AM
janey

Glad to hear you had a great time. We were there a couple of weeks ago and also enjoy Cabo. Seems theres alot of "Cabo bashers" on this board.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Melissa

I'm glad to finally see some positive feedback on Cabo. My boyfriend and I are headed down there saturday and we were starting to get worried. Does anyone know where the Villa del Palmar is down there? I'm just wondering how close it is to town...we had heard you could walk into town. We're also going to rent a car for a couple of days and drive up to La Paz? Has anyone out there done that?.

Old May 6th, 2002, 01:19 PM
kidd

Glad to hear that you liked the Westin. Some messages have not been so positive. We are staying there in June. How is the hotel, beach, pool? Did you rent a car or take a taxi? Cost for taxi?

Old May 6th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Anony

being criminally assaulted, caught in a real estate scam, paying thru the nose for very little is good cause for complaints. If seedy tired Booze Bars, Strip Bars are your thing, polluted dusty air and dry coughs, polluting atvs and the noisy gas filled water go go's are what you consider fun Cabo is the place for you.

Old May 7th, 2002, 02:50 AM
janey

Melissa: We stayed at Villa Del Palmar. You can walk into town, buts it's about a 30 to 45 minute walk, depending on how fast you want to walk in the heat. A cab is $8. each way. Walk the beach (towards town) and have a drink, lunch, whatever at either Tabasco's or the Office-fun places. Didn't go to La Paz, but did go to Todos Santos. A good day trip, lot's of artsy shops, have lunch at Santa Fe Restaurant (closed Tues) and see the Hotel California. Have fun, wish I was going back.

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Melissa

Thanks for the info janey. I hadn't thought of Todos Santos but since it's on the way back (sort of)...might be fun! If you see this thread again can you tell me what you thought of the Villa del Palmar? Thanks.

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:23 AM
janey

We liked Villa Del Palmar. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo that was very nice. Some of the rooms have been updated, others not. Ours had been updated, so very nice. If you don't like the room they give you, see if you can change it. We checked out a couple rooms before and picked what we thought was the best. As this is not their busiest season, you may have a choice. I heard some people saying their rooms were not the best. The grounds are very nice and kept up. Two main pools, one for quiet, the other much more lively-pool games, etc. The beach is not great for sunning. Most people hung at the pool. There's a nice market and deli to get supplies at. I think all rooms have a refrigerater. We brought a small soft cooler to bring down to the pool (hubby likes his cold beers!) saves $$, as it can get pricey. They have a "whale" slide at the pool that is fun. Watch out for the timeshare people-they will try to get you go on their tours-(unless you're interested, of course) Resort is pretty quiet at night-they have theme nights with entertainment every night. Pretty cheesy entertainment. If you want wild, you'll have no problem finding in town-lot's of choices. All in all, I thought VDP was a very nice place. Have fun, and post when you get back.