Search

Places to stay in Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to stay in Cabo

I'm planning a trip to Cabo for Christmas and would like some advice on condos/resorts to stay at. We want to be in Cabo San Lucas and preferably within walking distance to nightlife/shopping/beach. Thanks!!!
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear lisa:

There are plenty of places right in Cabo. The Melia, Pueblo Bonito, Villa del Palmar are very nice and handy to the beach. There are other places even closer to the downtown. Check out redweek.com It lists places for rent & sale.

Good luck,

MY
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Michelle....
I'll check those out!
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 09:37 AM

I have stayed at the Marina Fiesta Resort right on the Marina before. So close to everything you would certainly not need a car.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, the Marina Fiesta is not available for Christmas....this has been kind of tough trying to find a place. Right now we are tossing between Villa del Palmar and Hotel Finisterra...possibly Solmar Suites.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 11:32 AM

Lisa, I will be at Hotel Finisterra Nov 2-6 and will answer your logistical questions at that time. Hold on for a front line report.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Linnie! Looking forward to it!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 03:35 PM

Villa Del Palmar is beautiful. We stayed on the top floor, right in the middle with a great view of the ocean. They don't have a miny bar but there's always happy hour going on. It is a bit of a walk to town on the beach, but down there, you'll need some exercise and who doesn't like walking on the beach with the one they love! Don't stay close to the Marina - it's stinky. The only time we took a taxi was one wild and crazy night at Squid Row and we COULDN'T walk back to the resort. Have fun. We're going to the Mayan Riviera for Christmas and can't wait!
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

SweetD....
I have no doubt we'll be having a night like that ourselves!!!!! Thanks for your comments...it's making me chomp at the bit....definitely ready to be there! Have fun on your trip!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 07:35 AM

Lisa, I'm back from the Hotel Finisterra. It was well located at the very end of Cabo, directly across from the marina, which made it really easy to get a water taxi. Walk to town took about 5 minutes.

The hotel was really nice although the linens were not really great. Food and drinks were really good, the 2 for 1 drinks at the pool bar every day from 2:30-4:30 was fun. Pools were beautiful and geared towards adults (No water slides, etc), lots of water volleyball going on.

THe beach there is nice, you can't go in the water. For ocean swimming we took a water taxi over to the Sea of COrtez harbour and hung out on the beach chaise lounges at Billigans, Glad to order drinks in order to enjoy the umbrellas over some of the beach chairs. The water there was heavenly. Rented jet skis from JT sports and caught a glass bottom boat which takes you to lovers beach. Bring your snorkel gear.

Hotel had no spa if that's important to you. You can get a massage at the gym. TV service was pretty bad. Fuzzy cable.
Rooms all have spectacular views and were really large. Room service was prompt and food arrived hot/cold appropriatly.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 07:39 AM

glad to see the Finisterra is still nice (I was there more than 10 years ago!). Thanks for the update! And it seems very reasonably priced.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, Lynnie! I'm feeling much better, now! Whew!!!! And getting very excited! Definitely looking forward to those 2 for 1 drink specials.....is that 2 for me, 1 for hubby????? LOL