Restaurants and Fun Things to do in Cabo

Old May 24th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Tisha

Restaurants and Fun Things to do in Cabo

We are leaving for Cabo in two weeks and are staying at the Westin. We have learned that it is extremely expensive, so I would like any info on moderately priced restarants and if you have any good websites please let me know. Also what is the cheapest way to get to Cabo or San Jose from the hotel? Thanks for the help!

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Mr.X

Nothin Cheap in Cabo. Should have booked La Paz. To late to turn back?
Go to Playa de Carmen there you have a chance.
Westin Real Expensive. You can hear the money shoot up the elevators. That's how fast it disappears.
You can walk or take the local bus.
Bus cost bout $2.00 Taxi min,$25-45 depends on the distant.
Don't take to those people at the Airport. They are Timeshare.
Walk right by and go to the counter and take a communal taxi bout $12.00 one way. Regular taxi at airport bout $75.00 that you don't want to pay.

At the hotel Beware those guys in the pink striped shirts they imeshare.
Nothin in Cabo comes free you'll understand what I mean once you are there.
Careful when the surf comes up it is easy to get towed under and drown. Yep.
People have drowned down there.

Old May 24th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Anony

do a google search Timeshare Scams Cabo
a must read Latin Trade "Timeshare Hell'
ABCNEWS DIAZ tricks of the trade 20/20
"show them the best sell them the rest"
Then DIAZ more on timeshare scams to the left click "THE Claims and the Realties20/20 "as an investment timeshare is a bad as it gets"
Then go to www.timeshare-guru.com
click on Resales you can buy them used
for $1500-$3000.

Old May 25th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Beenthere

Ive posted before but when we were in Cabo a couple of years ago we went to Enriques on the corridor not too far from CSL. They had $10.00 plates that include appetizers and salads with your choice of steak and shrimp or lobster. Charming atmosphere with live music the night we went. Of course they offer you the $30 plate in hopes that that is what you will buy but the lead in offer is great! I highly recommend for the value in Cabo. Use your coupon books also that are available everywhere. We toured the Westin on a timeshare (we only wanted our transfers for 4 back to the airport from the Villa del Palmar, which they gave us cash for, not cheap) and it is a beautiful hotel on a wonderful stretch on the corridor. I tend to agree with alot of posters on this site that Cabo has gone the way of expensive americanized and somewhat seedy in places but the corridor is the place to go or San Jose. Lovely, peaceful and beautiful. Have fun.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Margie

Tisha: I just got back from Cabo and stayed at the Westin on the Club side. Yes, the hotel is expensive but I did not think Cabo was anymore expensive than being in Chicago. As far as transportation from the hotel we took taxis (5 in our group) which were $25 into Cabo or the hotel has a shuttle which is $9 into Cabo and $7 into San Jose. You can go to www.allaboutcabo.com and they have coupons for various restaurants and bars that you can print out and take with you. If your room has a frig stop at a store and pick up water, pop, beer etc. that way you can have it whenever you want. Just go and have a great time!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Larry

Just returned from Cabo. A good restaurant in Cabo is Mocambo. It is seafood restaurant. Plates were ~ $ 8.00, try the octopus. It is 2 blocks off the main drag... not many tourists eat there.
San Jose is a more laid back town with plenty of shopping without the hassel of the street vendors, hookers, or time share people. A good restaurant is Jasmine. It is behind the church in downtown. Our cab driver told us San Jose was a much safer town than Cabo. From our limited time there we agree.
He also said that most americans who buy condo's in los Cabos have them in San Jose not in Cabo San Lucas.
Overall it is a good one time vacation spot. Save your money for an apartment in Tuscany!