Advice! Capella Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've finally made a decision. My husband and I will be celebrating 18 years of marriage at Capella Pedregal in Cabo San Lucas in July! Has anyone stayed here before? Any info on the resort, food, activities, etc.! Just a few questions though!

*Should we get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel or book directly with the resort to provide transportation to and from the resort?

*Would you recommend zip lining in Cabo San Lucas? Is it worth the money and any recommendations on what company to use?

*Any restaurants off site that you would recommend?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!!
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I used TransCabo from the airport booked online in advance with www.cabosanlucastours.net. $15USD per person one way. That is what was recommended by regulars on the Trip Advisor Cabo forum and it worked great. (Some resorts do not allow the shuttles to pick up from their property, so the return you need to check if the shuttle is allowed or else get a taxi.) Or if you want to pay more (like $150) you can hire a private driver. It's about 30 miles from the airport is why it's a bit tricky in Cabo.

I didn't know there were ziplines in Cabo.

My favorite restaurants in downtown are:
Misiones de Kino www.misionesdekino.com
Capo San Giovanni www.caposangiovanni.com
Maros Shrimp House on Hildalgo
Gordo Lele or Los Claros taco stands
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Capella Pedregal is reported to be fabulous and have some excellent restaurants. It is also close enough to Cabo San Lucas town to walk. Check out Tripadvisor for more advice. They have a very active Los Cabos forum.

Some places we have enjoyed: Mi Casa$$, Edith's$$$, Loco Mike's$$, Golondrina's$$$, Tabasco's$(on the beach), the Office$$(on the beach).

I have never zip lined in Cabo, but sent my teenage daughter & her friend with Cabo Adventures for zipping, rappelling and hiking. They loved it and the company has a good reputation and many choices.

As far as airport transport, check with the resort and then compare shop. Suze's rec for Trans Cabo is good. Here are a few other links:

http://www.paginasprodigy.com/cielito_lindo/
http://www.insideloscabos.com/

Good luck and have a great trip.

MY
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Suze and Michelle for the input! Looking forward to our trip!
Old May 13th, 2010, 07:46 PM

Baja Cantina is right on the beach up from The Office-excellent food and service but a fair price. Pancho's for Mexican and Maria Corona's is worth a stop for tradiitonal food.

The taxi service is very reliable and you can get one right at the airport. Be kind and smile at the men outside of the baggage area, many are trying to sell you timeshare opportunity, mumble something like you already own a condo and they immediately ignore you. It is much easier to smile and wish the beach sellers to have a good day, or say good luck. I doubt any of us could do their job and face the rejection even for one day.

Be sure to take one of the water taxis out to the end of the rocks, they will come back and get you later at any time request. Beer and snacks are available, and it is very pleasant to spend half the day out on the beach. Be aware, do not swim in the Pacific side of the rocks. Pretty dangerous and not worth the rip tide.

Have fun, and enjoy. I have had a place there for six years, and ironically like going back more and more each time. Never thought I would say that.
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks ShellCat..we will definately look into taking the water taxi!
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM

Hi there,
I think a shuttle would come in very handy. We thought we've made the best choice boking a shuttle, especially that was very hot and we wanted to get to the hotel as soon as possible. The nicest surprise was that we travelled privately all the way from the airport to the hotel. The shuttle didn't stop on the way to pick up other passenges, we didn't have to share the shuttle with other people. Was awesome! I loved Los Cabos! The stuff we did there are amazing, I mean our Australia is a beautiful place and full of adventure opportunities, but I think we've had the most memorable and beautiful adventures of our lives while in Los Cabos. Actually the driver of the shuttle spoke English and we were able to make a deal and visit some other places the following days, using the same taxi company. We found it very affordable when we've also heard some people in our hotel mentioning the prices they've been asked for the same thing!
We booked on line through insideloscabos.com.
I hope you have an awesome time there!
Dana
- experienced globetrotter since 1999 -