Cabo Bachelorette

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo Bachelorette

Hi,

I'm planning a bachelorette party for a group of 10 late-20s girls and I think we'd like to go to Cabo. I have a few questions, if anyone has been there your thoughts are appreciated!

1) Is it better to stay in San Jose del Cabo or Cabo San Lucas? (We'd like to go into town, clubbing etc)

2) If we do stay in San Jose, how much is a cab ride to Cabo San Lucas?

3) Is it better to visit in April or May?

4) What hotels (all-inclusives) do you recommend for the area?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For clubbing, stay in Cabo San Lucas, in the town, and not what is called the corridor. Stay on Medano Beach, which is the swimming beach in the middle of the action- beach bars, fun sports etc.

SJdC is at least 30to40 minutes away from CSL. A taxi will run $30-35 each way. Too expensive and far away from the fun you are looking for.

Either month will be great. May will be a little warmer.

I have not done AI in Cabo,so i cannot give specific recs. If you stay in town, you will not need to do AI since all,the bars and restaurants are very handy.

Check out trip advisor for more info in Cabo. Forum is very active there.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Definitely stay right in downtown Cabo. San Jose is too far away to be practical for going out clubbing, etc. There aren't all that many All-Inclusives though in CSL. Are you set on that? You could stay somewhere like ME or Casa Dorado and drink at the beach bars and clubs, eat at all the great restaurants an easy walk away.

Agree with MichelleY, check out the TA forum, really nice people there. Very active board.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM
KVR

I would definately pick a hotel on Medano Beach. The RIU is pretty far from the dining/bar options. AI is not necessary there. However, we did do AI and enjoyed it, but we also ventured off property and enjoyed some of the local establishments. The best of both worlds.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM

April/May is a perfect time to go.
Watching the weather here in Mexico this morning showing Cabo high of 15 C that's 60 F BURRRRRR!
Guess it's the California cold snap moving South.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all! Has anyone stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica? Any reviews?
Also, if we want to go clubbing, should we do a clubbing "tour" or is it safe to go on our own? Which nightclubs are most popular?
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM

I have not stayed ay Pacifica, but have stayed next door at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. Pacifica is adult only, holistic, and a beautiful resort. It is great if you want to get way from it all. You will have to take taxis or the shuttle bus from Sunset to get to town. Takes about 15minutes.

But for your purposes, stay on Medano Beach. Pueblo Bonito has two other resorts, Rose and Blanco, right in town on Medano, close to the fun. Also look at ME Cabo by Melia, younger, hip crowd and Casa Dorada on Medano.

You can go clubbing on your own. The bigger places are Squid Roe, Giggling Marlin, Desperados, Happy ending Cantina, way too many to list.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:59 PM

With any night out clubbing, girls just need to use common sense!
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM

It is "safe" to go out clubbing on your own. I would not get involved with a bar "tour". Just take a walk around downtown and check places out, most/many are open-air so it's easy to get an idea the atmosphere and crowd and pick what suits your group.

I agree with the suggestions for staying right on Medano Beach.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
KVR

When we went in December, we couldn't find anyone doing a "bar tour". We personally, like them and have done them in other destinations. It's a great way to meet new people and have some fun in a group setting. Plus a guide to show you the best places and prices. We did go to Giggling Marlin, Squid Roe, and Happy Endings as well as Cabo Wabo. All within walking distance of each other.

We stayed on the Marina, which was walking distance to everything. We loved it, but you would probably prefer a hotel on Medano Beach.

If you like desserts, go to Sr. Sweets in the Marina. The best most fabulous desserts we have ever tasted. A little pricey but so worth it.

If you are interested I have our vacation photos posted at:

http://kvrlvnphotogallery.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM

Hotel Melia is the best for Bachelorette's. We stayed there for my friends, they have pool parties. The other place is Wyndham which is on the marina in Cabo. In the eve we did a pole dance party with cabo bachelorette, it was awesome fun and after, the same host guided us around the bars also, so we felt safe. Cabo is small but it is still nice to have someone who knows where to take you. We only had 3 days so it was perfect. Good luck!
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 02:06 PM

You don't need a "host" to guide you around to the bars in downtown Cabo. With even the smallest amoung ot commong sense, it's a safe town.
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 08:36 AM

I would definitely suggest staying in downtown cabo- for nightlife. In terms of time of the year both will be nice both times yet May will be much warmer!! If you want a lot of ideas and suggestions for all things Cabo -- I would suggest looking into http://thebach.com/itinerary.php#.VQMC_WR4pNs its a free website that literally just lists venue suggestions! Have an amazing trip cabo is so much fun!!!
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM

This question is two years old