Best all-inclusives in Mexico?

Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best all-inclusives in Mexico?

We will be travelling with a large group next Christmas, and are trying to find an AI which has beautiful pools, beach, and lots to do, but is upscale. We will have ages ranging from 3 years to 60. We were looking in the Playa Del Carmnen/Cancun area, but are open to PV, Cabo, or anywhere else for that matter. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 05:46 PM

Boy that is a tall order to answer this request.!!

If you want a nice upscale place in the Mayan Riviera then here are some nice places.

1. Club Golden at Gran Bahia Principe Coba ( 5 star)

2.Paradisus Riviera Cancun.( 5 star)

In Puerto Vallarta you can looking into these places.

1. Vallarta Palace

2. Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa.

However ,before you book look at a map to see exactly where these places are in relation to the main downtown recreation area.

For example Dreams is a very nice place but it is longer bus ride into downtown Puerto Vallarta .

Percy

Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 08:14 AM

Riu Palace Playa del Carmen or the Iberostar Paraiso Maya.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second the vote for Iberostar Paraiso Maya.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Has anyone stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun? How was it?
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM

We stayed at Aventura Spa Palace (PalaceResorts.com), and it was perfect. The hotel is awesome, the rooms are wonderful Ithey all have double jacuzzis), food and drinks are included (so is room service, lots of tours, etc.), and the location is great.

Here's my review of Aventura Spa:
http://www.epinions.com/content_163589099140

I have a ton of pics... if you are interested, drop me a line, I'd be more than happy to share. Also, the bottom of my Aventura review has links to all the other places we visited.

[email protected]
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
eds_hms

I stayed at Moon Palace April of 2005. My stay also happened to start in the middle of Easter weekend. The place is massive and was very crowded. People were reserving poolside lounge chairs at 4 am. It was ridiculous. I was out for an early morning stroll, about 5 am having come from a different time zone so I was up early and a disgruntled husband was putting shoes and books on chairs complaining he didn t even get up that early to go work. It was kind of ammusing. The buildings, rooms and pool are spectacular. The food was pretty good but when it was crowded the waits were long. The biggest disappointment was the beach. We really go for the beach and it was narrow and covered with seaweed,also smelly. We did walk for a long distance but did not swim once in the beach. There is a free shuttle to other palace resorts so we visited the beach and cancun palaces where we could eat and drink for free and play in wonderful waves. We had excursions included in our package and although we only did one to Chichen Itza we could have gone out everyday and some said the tours were quite good. Depends on what you want to do with your time. My teenage daughters enjoyed the crowds and the disco was open for kids up to 17 yrs until 10 or so. They had a blast. The middle of the week was more sane and then crowded up again about Thursday. You have to try the bar with the swings for chairs , its very fun. Anyway hope this is helpful. I ll check and see if you have specific Questions

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM

eds, thanks for your excellent description...this is why in the end, I've always decided no on all inclusives!!!