Girl Trip

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Girl Trip

My friend and I are looking to visit Mexico. We want a good spa, great beach, and shopping. We're both married, so keep that in mind.

Any suggestions?
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 08:38 AM

I would recommend the Four Seasons Punta Mita near Puerto Vallarta. The place is fabulous and the spa is one of the best in the world. Puerto Vallarta is about 30 minutes from the resort to do your shopping. The resort will pamper you during your entire stay that you will not want to leave. Definitely it is my favorite in Mexico.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Poncho. The Four Seasons looks amazing! Unfortunately, I think our budget is a bit smaller than that. Hoping to get away with under $2000 for everything - air, hotel, meals, alcohol, etc.

Any other suggestions?
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 04:49 AM

All depends when you are going. I recommend 2 places Riviera Maya which is about 45 min from Cancun, many all inclusive I have never been but will be going soon, also P. Vallarta is my favorite place try the Camino Real Sheraton or Fiesta Americana if you want all inclusive then try the Occidental in Nuevo read many favorable reports try trip advisor.com Good Luck
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:08 AM

Is your $2000 budget per person or inclusive for the 2 of you? Also what city would you be flying out of? There are some charter operations that you could book an all inclusive trip for that amount for 2 people for about 4-5 nights.

Cancun has beautiful beaches and great shopping. You can be as quiet or crazy as you want there.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:13 AM

Girl trips are so fun! If a great beach is a priority for your trip, the Cancun, Mayan Riviera area has much better beaches than the western/Pacific side such as Puerta Vallarta. Cancun and the area has the beautifully clear turquoise waters of the Caribbean and white powdery sand beaches. Several resorts have wonderful spas. One of my favorites is the Omni in Cancun. Everything about this resort is first class.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:22 AM

What about Cabo? Look into the Hacienda Del Mar or Westin Regina, both have beautiful spas. You can visit the One and Only Palmilla for drinks and go to C, hopefully to check out some stars. The Chicago Tribune did a great article on Cabo in the Travel Section on Sunday. I believe you can access that online.