Search

Mexico Trip Advice -- Agents Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico Trip Advice -- Agents Welcome!

Hello --

My wife and I want to take a trip to Mexico in October or early November, leaving anytime after the 11th for 7-10 days. I am 32, she is 28 and we would be leaving from Los Angeles.

Our goals (kind of in order of importance but not necessarily):

1) Relaxation -- We will have both finished an extremely busy work period

2) Romance -- If we happen to (try to) start a family then pass around the cigars! You can add no mandatory group activities or dining arrangements to this. We love meeting people but will take care of it ourselves ;-)

3) Great Pool -- We love the beach but for lounging we love a nice pool (lazy river or something fun a plus!) with good pool service.

4) Good Food -- we are not snobby about it but enjoy eating good dinners and would like a hotel/resort that has great on site breakfast. Dinner can be on or off site. We are open to an AI (i.e. Royal Hideaway) but would prefer to have the option of choosing new places to go each night.

5) Active Beach -- We'd probably want to do some novice snorkeling (I'm impressed by virtually any fish, turtle, or colored rock!) and maybe some sailing or whatever. As mentioned, 99% of our lounging and swimming would be at the pool. We still want to be on the ocean though, not near the ocean.

6) Nightlife -- We aren't party animals but like to go out, live music always a plus. We could just as easily have a nice dinner and then go back to the room and sit in a hot tub and watch the sky.

The budget would be $3000.00 to $4000.00. I'd obviously like to get the most value for the lowest price but we do have a near-luxury mentality and are willing to spend a reasonable amount to have that level of experience. Also, I have over 100,000 United miles (also I believe accepted with US Airways?) so would love to be able to use those for the airfare and spend the rest on accomodations, food, and fun.

Lastly, we picked Mexico because we haven't been there. We've been to Hawaii several different and wonderful times so we wanted to try something else. If someone feels Latin America or the Caribbean can meet the above criterion, let me hear it!

I know this is a long post but thanks in advance for providing me with a forum to get some help.

Mitch

Old Jul 15th, 2004, 06:30 AM

I'd suggest Playa del Carmen, Isla Mujeres, Cancun or Cozumel - in that order.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 06:45 AM

I suggest Four Seasons Punta Mita, it is a beautiful secluded place near Puerto Vallarta. I definitely recommend it. It is luxury and pampering at its best.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 09:21 AM

Here are a couple to check out - alcielohotel.com, azulik.com, amansala.com. These are small hotels without pools, but with great atmosphere and food.
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 11:22 AM

try trip advisor.com type in the
areas you are interested in then type in the hotels you will get a lot of reviews. My favorite place is P. Vallarta but I also love the Riviera Maya. Next year in March we are going to P. Vallarta then in November we are going to Royal hideaway. Both areas have their own good qualities. Riviera Maya has the Caribbean and the white beaches, P. Vallarta has much more beauty the mountains more tropical flowers, and much more of a variety of restaurants and it has a great town w/cobblestone streets and many great shops. Good Luck
Old Jul 16th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input everyone. We've decided on Royal Hideaway; I won an auction on skyauction.com @ $151pp per night which is quite good and our miles will take us there no charge.

Happy Travels!