Aventura or Royal Hideaway

Aug 12th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Aventura or Royal Hideaway

I am about to book our honeymoon to the PDC and was wondering... Which resort would be the best for a nice semi quiet week long honeymoon? Which resort in the PDC area would you recommend even if it's not one of these resorts? Thank you for your input.
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:18 PM

Hi,

A couple items down or maybe a page, look the the title Royal Hideaway. The women gives a great review.

I am going there in Nov.

chow
Aug 12th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Check comment #7
Aug 13th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful insight. It sounds like if we wanted to hang out at night with a little going on then Aventura would be the best fit. I am really torn between the two resorts.

What about chair saving in the moring either at the beach or at the pool?
With the ASP being the larger resort I thought this would be a daily thing. Is this true? What about RH?
Thanks again.
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:00 AM

From what I've heard RH has only 200 rooms and 5 pools. From the reviews nobody had trouble getting a chair.

We are in our 30's and like the quietness but if we want to enjoy we will go to PDC. I heard it is like $5 us dollars by cab. We also looked at the Adventura, but I want to be pampered this time around.

Good luck!!
Aug 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM

RIU Palace. Far less expensive than RH and nearly as nice with great service. Maybe not white glove but terrific nonetheless. Better beach in my opinion. Far more palm trees for shade.A little more nitelife but gets very quiet after 11pm. You can also visit the other Riu resorts down the block for a change of pace. But the Palace is the crown jewel in the RIU family
Aug 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM

Is this an Adult or Family resort? Would one encounter a lot of little one's playing Marco Polo at the pool and in the restaurants?
Aug 13th, 2003, 02:28 PM

Riu Palace tends to be quieter than most of the other Rius, but it is a family resort.

I agree that for the best nightlife, take the $5 cab into downtown PDC. There are SO many clubs, bars, internet cafes, etc to choose from! Plus, if you even remotely enjoy shopping, you'll find lots to do there!
Aug 13th, 2003, 03:29 PM

I can only speak for RH, which was top notch, and wonderful. I can tell you that when I was researching in 2001 where to go for our honeymoon, I read about a recent drowning at Aventura of a husband and wife. They have a lagoon where you swim that's protected from the ocean by rocks, I believe. The two channels that lead from the ocean into the lagoon can get pretty rough, and two people drowned there. I don't know if they've done something to prevent that from happening since, but it was pretty awful.

Just FYI...