Reload this Page >

Royal Hideaway vs. El Dorado Royale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:32 AM
KC

If anybody has experienced both of these resorts, could you please let me know which one is better? I am looking to be pampered with a great room, excellent food and an overall luxurious resort for our honeymoon. I was thinking either a suite at RH or a casita at EDR.<BR><BR>Thanks for your responses!!<BR><BR>KC

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Susan

KC,<BR>I have not been to EDR, however I was at the RH last year and it definitely covers all the specifics you mentioned. The service, room, food, everything is just top-knotch! Now I don't know where to go. Plus being that it is Mexico you are staying at a 5 star resort, however you pay a lot less then if you went to a more expensive location.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Karen

KC, I don't know what kind of resort you like, big, small, active, layed back, etc., but Royal Hideaway had 200 rooms. The posts I've red about EDR haven't been been glowing. Royal Hideaway is very expensive, although it includes everything. <BR><BR>I've noticed that quite a few gals have honeymooned at Ceiba del Mar and Adventura Palace and everyone is raving about them. You could probably save a lot of money by doing one of these instead. You will find more action at these too I think. Royal Hideaway rolls up the sidewalks at dark, very quiet. Do a search on the ones I mentioned and see if they might work. Adventura may be too big for you with 1000 rooms but it does have a lot going on and offers some nice benefits, messages, tours, all included.<BR><BR>Good luck in your search and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Karen

Just one more thought...if money was no object, think I would stay at the Maroma. Take a look, only 36 rooms!<BR><BR>:http://www.maroma.net/<BR><BR>

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 02:50 AM
xxx

Karen, another item to consider is from what I have read on these posts pertaining to Adventura Palace is they have a man made lagoon. Everyone seems to rave about this place, but they do point out if you want to walk on a beach that is not possible. It is said you can go to another resort sister property 10 minutes away that does have a beach. With RH there is a beach. Not sure if this would be a deciding factor for you or not but something to consider. Good luck.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Wendy

We would have loved to book the Royal Hideaway, but can't afford it. We almost booked El Dorado Royale ($1000 less than R.H), but we read a ton of complaints regarding a very rocky beach, where you actually need to wear shoes.