Search

Any PV Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any PV Suggestions

Any suggestions on a nice hotel<BR>45-60 dollar range for a couple of days .Have been looking at the Dulce Vida<BR>,Hotel Rosita, Posada de Roger.Will be staying in the city (PV)March<BR>28,-30,until we go to a Rental in Bucerias.Thanks for any input.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 12:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Posada de Roger is a personal favorite of mine. Somewhat noisy central location, but friendly staff, very clean, nice sunny small pool area. <BR><BR>Rosita's is up in El Centro at the north end of the Malecon.<BR><BR>Other possibilities in that price range 'south of the river' are Posada Rio Cuale, Hotel Eloisa, Hotel Alegre, Hotel Posada Don Miguel.<BR><BR>Or up in the neighborhood behind the church Cuatro Vientos.<BR><BR>I'm curious about Dulce Vida so please post again if you try it.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 03:06 PM

I was a little disappointed in Posada Roger. The first room we were shown was really small (just 1 double bed) and dreary. The second room was bigger and brighter, but very noisy. At least the noisy A/C unit helped drown out the street noise. We just had 2 nights there and that was enough. (We were going to a rental in Sayulita.) The garden and pool area was nice though. The location was very convenient as well. There was a discount for paying in cash - we were told that the room was $48 USD, but with cash, it dropped to $42. <BR><BR>If we had been staying longer than the 2 nights, I definitely would have looked for something nicer.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 05:53 PM

Susan, If you find some place 'nicer' in that neighborhood, in that price range... believe me we'd all like to know which hotel!!! ;-)<BR><BR><BR><BR>
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Suze, I guess I didn't express myself very well. If I were to go back to PV, I would be prepared to pay more. That area of PV is really busy now - I used to go to PV back in the late 70's, early 80's and it's obviously changed a lot in the last 2 decades! I'm definitely a 'frugal'traveller, so I'm always on the lookout for a good deal. Obviously it's a case of location, location, location. We had just come from Mexico City, where for the same money, we had a much nicer hotel. Obviously not on the beach though!
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 11:20 AM

No... really I understood, but do appreciate your reply. I was mostly trying to get back to the point of the original poster who was looking for a nice place in the 45-60US range.<BR><BR>I agree with all you said, and that neighborhood *IS* very popular, busy, crowded. And I even agree that Posada de Roger is noisy and some rooms are small not too cheery.<BR><BR>BUT I have spent a LOT of time checking out all the budget hotels in that neighborhood (1-2 trips each year over the past 10 years) and to me, Roger's wins by a landslide in its price range, especially if you want a pool.<BR><BR>If you do return you might like Casa Andrea www.casa-andrea.com. More like $75US/night but heavenly and all rooms with kitchens. Gorgeous place, very private, and quiet at night.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 10:32 AM

I would recommend Los Quatro Vientos on the hill overlooking the city and the beautiful church. We paid $55 a night for a beautiful room with bath and view of the city. A free breakfast was included, and the rooftop deck area was great for picture taking, sunbathing and relaxing before it turns into a bar in the evening. The owner was very helpful with travel planning, and it was an easy walk to the downtown area without all the noise. Enjoy!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 12:57 PM

Their website is: www.cuatrovientos.com<BR><BR>Another sweet hotel (I post again only because it is spelled with a C not Q meaning &quot;the 4 winds&quot.<BR>