Search

PV hotel Buenavallarta ??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PV hotel Buenavallarta ??

Hi, <BR><BR>Does anyone know anything about this hotel in Puerto Vallarta? It comes with a package deal I am looking at buying, but I am worried it is a spring break destination hotel. <BR><BR>Also, does anyone know of any decent hotels that I could get for under $50 a night around the middle of March? <BR><BR>We are on a tight budget, and usually don't do the whole package deal thing, but in this case unless we can find an extremly cheap and decent hotel, it will mean staying at the Buenavallarta.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>thanks<BR>Sandy
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's hard to know what different people would consider &quot;extremely cheap and decent&quot; hotel. Having said that...<BR><BR>I always stay in the southside of Puerto Vallarta (sometimes also called Old Town) down near the local beach of Playa Los Muertos.<BR><BR>Here are two hotels ~$50/US price range you can look at:<BR>www.puerto-vallarta.com/posada<BR>www.alegre-pv.com<BR><BR>These are both small, simple places (non-package, non-resort) but both have pools and wonderful locations.<BR>
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:31 PM

We stayed at Posada Roger which Suze recommends above. We were there for a couple of nights earlier this month. It was ok, but I don't think I'd stay there again. We had a reservation, but got in rather late (8:30 or so) and there were only a couple of rooms to chose from. One was quite small, with only 1 double bed. The other was bigger, with 2 beds (same money), but very noisy. Fortunately we had the world's loudest A/C unit in the room to create some 'white noise' to block out the street sounds. On the plus side, the pool area was pleasant and the hotel does seem really popular with a lot of repeat visitors.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 05:34 AM

Goto http://vallarta-info.com/hotels.html.<BR>Budget hotels at the bottom of the page.
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 06:37 AM

Hotel Casa Iguana at Mismaloya is right price. Fairly new and photos on internet are reasonably accurate overview. Not so convenient if you want choice of places to go and do not want to get a bus or a $10 taxi.