Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

where to stay enroute from Dingle to Dublin?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone recommend a nice B&B or small hotel to stay at as a mid way point between Dingle and Dublin? I'm looking for a nice place that won't be outrageously expensive but will still be memorable since it'll be our last night in the country at the end of our trip in September. We'll be trying not drive more than 100-130 miles in a day so Adare seemed like a good place, although I've read mixed reviews about the town, I have no specifics on where to stay.
thanks
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 07:37 AM

I'd think that you would want to get a bit closer to Dublin than Adare is. I don't have any b&b recommendations, but would suggest that you identify a route over to Dublin and find a town that is within an hour or so of the airport. Good luck and enjoy your trip. I will also be over there around that time, but flying out of Shannon and staying in Killaloe the night before. This town is very nice and cozy set at the bottom of lough derg.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

I need to clarify my post, I intended to write that it was our last night in the 'countryside', not in Ireland. We'll be retunring to Dublin, dropping off the car and then staying in Dublin for a few days so I'm just looking for the last night of lovely countryside sort of places.
thanks
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 03:05 PM

emjoy: I love Cashel-its in Co. Tipperary and would be just a bit longish to get to Dublin but Cashel is great-the Rock of Cashel is where the High Kings of Ireland ruled from and its a beautiful historical site up on a hill-overlooking lots of greenery and sheep!
The Legends Guesthouse (www.legendsguesthouse.com) is wonderful-there is a restaurant inside with gourmet chef (owner of the guesthouse).
The Rock of Cashel is right behind this guesthouse and its magical!
Shadow
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Shadow, I'm actually going through Cashel on my way from Dublin at the start of the trip.
Any ideas for Adare area?
thanks