Weather in Germany

Search

Weather in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather in Germany

We're leaving for Germany and Austria on April 28 for 2weeks, I just looked up the weather in Munich and it says 37F, is Germany that cold? Wow, I thought it would be rather comfortable at this time of year, should I be packing only pants and sweaters? We're going to the Rhine, Fussen, Salzburg and Munich. Also, we'll be near Eagle's nest around May 7, looks like the tours do not open until the middle of May, will we still be able to go up and see it or is it closed until the middle of May. How sad if that's the case.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM

Forget all forecasts.

Weather at this time of year is very unpredictable. It can be nice and sunny and warm as 25°C, but it can also be rainy and cold as 13°C. The average would be around 18°C.

Furthermore, weather conditions can change during the day. So, dress in layers and do not forget raingear.

Within two weeks, you will most probably encounter all kinds of weather: some warm and beautiful day and some rainy days too.

Sorry, but this is Atlantic climate.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 01:20 AM

A lot can happen to the weather in a month! Even in a week! We had snow on Tuesday here in Holland - tomorrow will be warm and sunny.
Take something warm, like a fleece, something waterproof, and you'll be fine. Keep an eye on the forecasts nearer your departure date.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:25 AM

Wait until three days before your trip and then check the 10-day outlook for some hope of a reasonably accurate weather forecast. In the meantime plan to bring lots of layers. A week ago it was sunny, warm and springlike in Stuttgart. Yesterday and today it's snowing, but it is supposed to get up into the 60s tomorrow! Go figure.

I don't know about the Eagle's Nest being open w/o tours. I am pretty sure it is completely closed in winter...which can easily last until May.

Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:42 AM
J62

Berlin is further North than Calgary Canada. Northern Europe temperatures are moderated by the Atlantic ocean and Baltic sea, but even so, north is north.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:48 AM

The weather in this part of the world is impossible to predict for more than a couple of days in advance. So this type of questions always makes me smile.

Prepare for everything in the range of 28°C and sunshine to 0°C and snow.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 02:53 AM

You can not be sure about weather!
Last year we also had 2 weeks in germany, starting from 28 april. the first two days we were in Bacharach, it was windly, but sunny.
then we went to Berlin where it was warm 925 °C, and so was the weather till the end of out trip. No rain at all, not cold and not too hot.
but, even in july or August you can have rain and cold.
You must be prepared.
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 05:48 AM

As far as the Eagle's Nest, even if you can't get all of the way up, the drive through the Obersalzburg area is beautiful. There is a museum (documentation center) on the site of the Nazi compound, and you can tour some of their bunkers. You can also walk down a path from the museum to the remains of Hitler's mountain home (they don't advertise this, but if you ask someone they will show you the path). There are several places to eat in the area with beautiful views over the valley. When I was there in late April a few years ago it was warm enough for shirt sleeves.