Venice: Hotel Marconi , Al Piave or Galleria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any experience with any of these hotels? Trying to book for 3 or 4 nights in late March and need feedback! THANKS!!
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 02:28 PM
ira

Hi,

I've stayed at the Marconi. Good location, pleasant people, nice rooms.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 03:03 PM
PBT

I also stayed at the Marconi in January 2001 and can recommend it. The location is very convenient next to a vaporetto stop by the Rialto bridge. Easy to get to and get around Venice. We had a room facing some back streets (away from the Canal) which made it very quiet. The room's furnishings were somewhat simple and dated (or perhaps antique), but the room itself was clean and rather spacious (ours was L-shaped). The bathroom, although small, was modern. The breakfast offerings in the cellar were pretty good too. The hotel staff were not the most helpful though. On one occasion, the reception person purposefully ignored our presence and made us wait a good few minutes so that he could finish chatting with his apparent love interest on his cell phone.

To sum up, this is not a fancy place but certainly a very good and reasonably-priced establishment with all of the 3* amenities. The hotel does have a certain charm. I was very satisfied with my stay and would return there just for the location.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 04:22 PM

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Al Piavefor Christmas two years ago. We found it to be very comfortable. It has a charm to it but what in Venice doesn't? I would definately stay there again. We had a triple room and there was a washing machine available for a small fee. They also have rooms with a kitchenette complete with pots and pans and fridge. Breakfast was served in a very nice breakfast room downstairs and it was very clean throughout. It is also very close to St. Marks square.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at the Hotel Galleria for 6 nights in March last year and loved it. Our room looked out on to the Grand Canal, we had a fairly large room with a newish bathroom. Breakfast of rolls and coffee was served in our room. The hotel is almost next door to the Accademia Bridge which is where there is a vaporetto stop so it's very convenient for jumping on and off vaporettos. There is a bar next door where you can outside and have a drink or pizza and watch the sunset on the Grand Canal - bliss! The staff at the Galleria were all friendly and helpful, there is a set of stairs as you walk in the front door up to reception and I think all the rooms are then on that floor. Most overlook the Grand Canal, a few look out over the Accademia Bridge. There are a lot of comments on this forum about this hotel, if you do a search you'll find lots of info.
Kay
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 05:33 PM

has anyone stayed at la residenza in venice or have any information on this hotel?