Hotel Galleria, Venice?

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 09:47 AM
sue

Hotel Galleria, Venice?

Has anyone stayed here? Any info gratefully received.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 02:44 AM
Kay

Yes, we stayed there in March for 6 nights over Easter. There is a ton of info on this board about the Hotel Galleria, try a search.
It is right on the Grand Canal, our windows opened on to the canal and we could watch the water traffic from our bed! I was a little worried it would be noisy but it wasn't at all. Breakfast is served in your room. The building is very old, like all of Venice, but the bathroom was new. The hotel is on the first floor (one up from the ground) with a flight of stairs you walk up from the front door.
Next door is a bar where you can have a drink or a pizza and sit watching the world go by - wonderful! The Accademia vaporetto stop is a 2 min walk. We would stay there again - good value. Friendly staff too.
Kay

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Jack

Hello,
If you would like some information on where to stay in Venice for very reasonable rates then pls send me an email.
Have a nice day,
Jack

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Sandy

Hi Sue,

I stayed at the Galleria in April for 3 nights. I booked two rooms, one for my husband and myself, and one for my parents. My husband and I were given the first room to the left. I believe it is #1. The room is an afterthought. Very small! You can hear the night help and early morning help talking and watching tv, right through the walls. My parents got the next room, which was roomier and altogether nicer. We also had a leaky toilet for the 4 days we were there that left the complete bathroom floor soaked the entire time. We complained at least twice daily with a response it would be fixed. It never was. I hated my stay there, but if I were in my parents room, I would not have minded. The location is wonderful, the price is right, just make sure they don't book you in the first room.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:44 AM
zootsi

We spent a night here about a year ago. I agree with the above posters - great location, great value. The room we had was very narrow, but right on the grand canal. We are breakfast on the window ledge and watched the morning 'rush hour' of boats go past. I didn't find the staff to be overly friendly, but we would stay there again with no hesitation.