thoughts on 3 hotels in PARIS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister and I are travelling to Paris for Xmas. t's been years since we've been. Right now we have three hotels we are considering and would like feedback on any/all if possible....Our priorities are: safe area, bar in hotel would be nice, convienent location, ambience a plus...thanks so much! Eva

Hotel DUO (formerly Axil Beauborg (sp):
Twin superior, 220e Arr #4
----
Le' Regent
Twin deluxe, 225e Arr#7 (they will be doing construction on the AC units and are offering a 30% discount--scares me a bit)
---------------
L' D'Orsay
Twin, 130 E. breakfast included
arr #7 I believe....

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 04:36 PM

My daughter and I just got back from a gem hotel in Paris-98 euros for two,close to everything and wonderful! HOTEL MONGE. Check it out here on Fodors and on Trip Advisor-its terrific for the price,cleanliness,location and the staff.5 minutes to the Pantheon,10 minutes to Notre Dame,between two metro stops(Place Monge and Cardinal Liemone).I stay at 4 star hotels for the airline I fly for and I really enjoyed this location and the hotel.However-there is no bar in the hotel?
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 04:58 PM

Hotel d'Orsay looks quite nice and is in an excellent location.
I'd be leary of the construction in the Regent...
Don't know anything about Duo...

and- did you check comments on Tripadvisor.com?
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM

<i>...<u>safe</u> area, <u>bar</u> in hotel would be nice, <u>convienent</u> location, <u>ambience</u> a plus...</i>

Friends of mine stayed at the Hotel Napoleon last year. I think it might suit you to a tee. Steps from the Arc de Triomphe, right off Champs Elysee. Christmas lights in that area would be gorgeous!
HOTEL NAPOLEON
http://tinyurl.com/yhkjwf

It's a very safe area with good transportation options. The bar looks warm and cozy (maybe with fireplace? Can't tell from photos). My friends loved it, had a room with a terrace.

I &quot;reserved&quot; a room on the website for Dec. 22-27. It shows an internet rate of 198 eu or Advance booking (10 days) rate of 169 eu. Those look like great rates for that hotel. I'd stay there in a heartbeat!

The only thing is I couldn't tell what the bed arrangement is. If you want twins, you might have to write and ask if those rates apply.

Paris for Christmas...{{{sigh}}}.

Old Nov 21st, 2006, 05:47 PM

My husband and I stayed at Le Regent at the end of the summer, and we were impressed with the helpful and friendly staff. It is in a safe area, convenient, etc., and our room was beautifully appointed though small.
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:57 AM

Check this out:

http://www.warwickwestminsteropera.com/

This is a 4* hotel witha Michelin starred restaurant, beautiful bar area that has light meals/snacks in the evening with some entertainment.

They have many Specials..check them all out..Seniors, AAA and many others. Great location.

I will be staying there in early February, and have been there before. Wonderful concierge service...

Enjoy..........