Search

Support Please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Support Please

Dear All,

I am planning a 9 day trip to Europe. I will be leaving from Singapore and reaching Berlin. My dates are from 18th November to 28th November. My query is

1. in 9 days can i plan to see Berlin+Paris
2. Will it be ok time wise. I know the weather will play a factor but i think i can manage the cold weather.
3. Can i choose some other place other than Paris from Berlin? If yes can you please suggest which is near and good to travel.
4. If I want to just see Germany will it be fun and not boring. I mean i can go to Berlin, Frankfurt and some place you can suggest.

I apologize in advance to people who think my questions are kiddish or lame. This is my first trip to Europe so just curious and asking.

I just hope you guys can help me.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You certainly can see both Paris and Berlin in 9 days. You need to allow for the time it'll take to travel between the two, so you have 4 days in each place in reality. If you want to substitute Paris for another place, you have a big choice of European cities with not much more flying time, for instance:

London
Barcelona
Rome
Venice

Even in November, all of these will be entertaining. Other fine cities are available!

Apart from fixed attractions like buildings, I'd guess that some of the Christmas markets will be running in Germany from around the 20th November.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 02:33 AM

From Berlin to Paris you have an excellent flight connection (Schoenefeld - Orly) via Easyjet - can be as low as 50 €/one way.

I would not do more than 2 cities, especially big and nice such as Berlin or Paris or London.

If you want to stay in Germany, make Berlin with day trip to Potsdam and maybe Dresden or Leipzig something in the neighbourhood - I'll let Germans comment on this.

Be sure that Germany is NOT boring.
(However perso, I don't like Frankfurt at all, but it is me).

Dresden, Muenchen, Leipzig, Berlin, Aachen, Koeln are among my favourite (big) cities in Europe.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 03:48 AM

Yes, you can do the two cities in 9 days.

Yes, you could spend the whole time in Germany, but I also would recommend against spending a lot of time in Frankfurt. I think the charm of Germany is in Berlin and the country's towns and smaller cities.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 04:42 AM

You can do more in Germany if you prefer but I definitely wouldn't make it Frankfurt (really boring). If you want a contrast to Berlin head to Munich to see both the city and the Bavarian Alps and castles south of the city.

However, for me Berlin and Paris would be a much better choice esp in Nov when you may want to do more inside in case of bad weather.
Old Sep 4th, 2015, 06:58 AM

Are you flying home from Berlin? Consider flying on to Paris (or wherever) upon arrival. After you visit Paris, fly back to Berlin for your time there -- so you'll be near your return airport. Otherwise you may lose sightseeing time when you scramble to return to Berlin in time for your flight home.
Old Sep 6th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Dear All,

Thank you so much you guys roc, Your comments helped a lot. So what i can see that

1. It will be comfortable and easy to do both Germany and Paris in 9 Days. I can also try London and Venice as you mentioned.

2. Frankfurt is cancelled then. From Berlin i can try Bavarian Alps ( I love these and have heard great deal about them) . Just 1 question . From Berlin to Munich (How much will it take) and from Munich to Bavarian Alps (How much time will it take)? Can it be a day trip?

3. I will fly home from Berlin. So i think it will be i can land in berlin and see the places and then head to paris and back. So i think in total i have 7-8 days.....

4. Any other suggestions i should keep in mind Like People or places , how to travel internally and english speaking crowd, and safety and clothes to take and so on.

Sorry to ask you so much.....
Old Sep 6th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Keep in mind that you should choose just two places... not more. Berlin and Paris work, or you could just stay in Germany and see places like Berlin and Munich or Berlin and the Bavarian Alps.

You will have to do the research on what you want to do/see in these places. We don't know your interests. But think about what draws you to these places. Take a look at a guidebook for each of these cities and choose what interests you.

Coming from Singapore, you will need to plan carefully for warm enough clothing for these cities in November.
Old Sep 6th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie

I think i will do Berlin and Bavarian Alps and Paris.. I think this makes sense with the time i have at my hands.... Just a quicky. Bavarian Alps, like how much time you need for that. and travel time from Berlin to bavarian Alps is how much
Old Sep 6th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie

I think i will do Berlin and Bavarian Alps and Paris.. I think this makes sense with the time i have at my hands.... Just a quicky. Bavarian Alps, like how much time you need for that. and travel time from Berlin to bavarian Alps is how much