Specific Hotel advice for Paris for 3 adults - Aug 5,6 & 7th

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there are a lot of threads on hotels in Paris, but I thought I would ask a really 'specific' question.

After 10 days in the UK, we will arrive in Paris on the afternoon of the 5th and will spend 3 nights. We are then collecting a car (back at the airport as it will be a Sunday) and starting our 89 day driving 'adventure' in France, Spain, Italy & Croatia.

For the 3 nights in Paris we will be joined by a young (27, we are 47) male friend of ours from Australia. (He is also coming on a part of our drive for a few days before heading home.

Therefore my dilemma is, I need a room for 3 adults that affords us some privacy in the evenings. So a one bedroom hotel room as opposed to just a room. We were going to bid on priceline for Paris, but no chance for 3 adults. We are all fit and love walking and catching public transport. But ease to sites is also a great benefit. Dh & I have been to Paris once before, this will be DF's first trip. So we will do 'most' of the usual tourist sites. As for price/quality, we would normally stay in 4*, or a good 3* and will be guided re price by whats available.

Dh & I will be back in Paris for a few nights at the end of the trip and may do something special/different then.

So I hope I have given enough specifics for you to recommend a hotel ?

Thanks as always AD.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
We've been to the Hotel Aiglon more times than I can count since the early '80's. It has changed hands and been completely remodeled, but the prices have gone up. Still, based on your criteria, I would recommend their one bedroom suites (our favorite is room 55). It runs between 150 and 200 euro a night and I think they're now charging an extra 20 euro for a third person. The suite contains two separate rooms, a bedroom with a king size bed (may be 2 beds together, but it is big!)with full bathroom, and a living room with a sofa that opens to a full size (European full) bed. There are 2 flat panel tvs, one in each room. The living room also has a half bath: toilet and sink, which I recall they have now separated (they used to be together). This is rare, I think, for Paris, but nice for the person sleeping in the living room area. Balconies open up; one side overlooks the Montparnasse cemetery. It's across the street from the Blvd. Raspail Metro station, and also on the bus transit line (68, I think) that takes you on a great tour of many major sites, such as the Musee d'Orsay, St. Germaine de Pres, Louvre, Opera. Lots of great little bistros and restaurants within walking distance, from the Breton creperies that line rue de Montparnasse to Le Dome Montparnasse (which now has a little Brasserie Le Dome right around the corner from Le Dome).

Also has lots of space for luggage.

Downside to the hotel: the wireless internet has always kind of sucked, and even though the old elevator is "quaint", it is tiny!
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thank you surfergirl, sounds great I will check it out immediately. If I go ahead and book I may 'pester' you for cafe/bistro rec's as well if thats ok?
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
No problem!
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

I've had a look for the time and it looks perfect. Even though now it looks like df may just get his own room (which is much easier). They are having a special pay for 2 nights and get 1 free.

Which comes in at 442eur for a SUITE and cheaper again for a standard room, for the 3 nights.

Thanks again for the great advice.
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 05:10 AM

I was going to ask, why doesn't this person just get his own hotel room?
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 05:52 AM

Yes, why isn't this person booking his own room? But to get back to your initial request you might look at either the Hôtel Duquesne or the Hôtel de France-Invalides and check out their chambres-communicantes, where you'd each have a room but share a bathroom with a common hall. The Hôtel Duquesne might be above your price range; I don't know, haven't had chambres-communicantes there for many years. Both are nice hotels in the 7ème.
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 05:54 AM
tod

Hi Aussiedreamer - you guys must be so excited about this trip!
We have booked 3 different hotels in Paris ranging from 44euros(double en-suite)special oline deal at The Ibis Hotel Espalnade La Defense, 120euros for a magnificent room with breakfast at the Hotel de La Jatte, and a whopping 180euros for our last two nights at the Hotel Relais-Bosquet near the Eiffel Tower.
The Ibis is the star deal - can only be booked 20days ahead from day of required room. But if you want olde worlde Paris twisty staircase and miniture lift, this is not for you!

Here are the links:
http://tinyurl.com/c7x8x2
http://tinyurl.com/yd6h9c3
http://tinyurl.com/yfcvxhh
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 06:24 AM

Hotwire.com allows for 3 or more in a room.
Check betterbidding.com and scroll to "Other Countries" for details.

Hotwire is usually a bit more expensive than NYOP on Priceline but you can also usually figure out the hotel in advance.

Rob
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. And as it happens HE will get his own room. Which makes life a bit easier. I will look at all above suggestions.
Thanks again
Ps, tod............excited yes.........overwhelmed YES!
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 06:54 AM

Why not get an apartment? Place Victoires (#22 at www.vacationsinparis.com) would suit your needs. It's a 2-bedroom.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks BarbaraMH & Chriss66. I think we will know stay in Paris for a full week. Last time we rented from ParisPerfect.com and were thrilled with our apartment. They are offering a 'good' deal (for August) on a studio apartment so we may go with that, and DF can book a hotel room close by. That way we all have our space.