Hotel de L'Acadamie, Paris. Critique?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering this hotel for a one week stay in July. Recent reviews seem much better than those from one or two years ago and we are wondering if anyone can verify this turn of events. Especially in regard to the Junior Suites with king bed. Thank you.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 12:23 PM

The rooms are very small even for Paris. I enquired about a potential stay there and when I learned that the superior double room is only 6 sq. m. I decided it was not for me. The jr. suite I'm not sure how large they are but I can't imagine them to be that huge.
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

The size is one of my concerns, having seen one of your earlier postings about the 6 sm. The Junior Suites,I think there are four, are supposed to have king beds and the photos show ample room around the bed. A king is almost 4 sm so I am wondering about the size, hoping to hear from someone who has stayed in a Junior. Thanks for your response.
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM

My husband and I just returned from a 7 night stay at Hotel de l'Academie (note spelling) and can give a very positive report. We saw three different junior suites and thought they were all charming. The room photo on their website is quite representative of the junior suite. The location is great -- several blocks walk to a metro station (St. Germain), the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay are each about a 15 minute walk away, it's a few blocks from two famous cafes (Les Deux Magots and Cafe de Flore) and about a 10 minute walk to the Seine and a batobus stop. Our bed was comfortable (good size - two individual beds put together into one), there were two comfortable chairs with a small round table, and a large desk. The tv in the room was a good size. The bathroom was excellent, with white and grey marble tile, a whirlpool tub -- which was great after a long day out sightseeing. The bathroom has lots of shelf area around the tub for all your bath and hair products and there's plenty of room around the sink area as well. Within the bathroom, the toilet area has a privacy door.
The staff was very helpful and made several dinner reservations for us. Our room was clean and in good condition.
We were initially given Jr. Suite #107, which was an attractive, if understated, room. We spent one night in it and found the lighting was not good for reading, which we both like to do in the evening. (small lamps and you couldn't remove the shade to get more light). The next morning we asked if we could see any other jr. suites they had and were able to look at two more. The first had similar lighting. But Room 307 had ceiling spotlights in addition to the small lamps and we switched to 307, which we thought had more classic Paris charm and much better lighting.

All 3 jr. suites we looked at were at the back of the hotel and had windows that looked out onto no view, but were very quiet. I can't recall anytime during our week's stay that we were disturbed by any noise. All in all, we had a very nice stay.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Vanne,

Many thanks for the response. We will now look forward to our stay there in July.

Gil