Paris Hotel that has quadruple rooms?

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Ais

Paris Hotel that has quadruple rooms?

Going to paris at the end of October and i was wondering if anyone knows a good inexpensive/moderate hotel that has quadruple bedrooms. Thank you.

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Debbie

Hotel St PAul in the 6th--approx 209 euro/night. The Regents on Rue Madame; the Familia are a few others, and cheaper, I believe. Do a search on Paris-family hotel rooms or something like that, and you will find references to a few

Jul 30th, 2002, 12:48 PM
BTilke

The Hotel de la Bourdonnais on Ave. de la Bourdonnais has rooms with two double beds--rates are about $150 a night for a double/double room with view of the Eiffel Tower. The rooms also have "real" closets that could handle most of the clothes for four people. But it would still be tight; IMO, no *inexpensive/moderate* hotel in th heart of Paris is going to give you a truly spacious room that can handle 4 people. If you can afford a $200 a night quad, I suggest you look into two adjoining $100 a night doubles.

Jul 30th, 2002, 01:08 PM
nycer

Several years ago my friends and I stayed in a room at Hotel Denice in the Marais on the Rue de Rivoli. The room at the time was about $150 USD. (this was several years ago) The room was a loft room with charming slanted ceilings, four twin beds, and a private bathroom w/ tub. The location is perfect as it is steps away from the Hotel de Ville metro stop. Oh, you also have a view of Notre Dame from the cute balcony/windows. I believe it was the only quadruple room in the Hotel. The hotel was simple and charming and perfect for us!

Jul 30th, 2002, 01:18 PM
elaine

do a search here on Palais Bourbon and you will find many positive past comments

Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:23 AM
Paris

Try familia

Aug 2nd, 2002, 10:39 AM
alyssa

Tonic Hotel. www.tonic hotel.com.
Clean, large, whirlpool baths. 1st Arr.
Minutes from the Louvre and Notre Dame.

Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Lori

Considering the size of most Paris hotel rooms I'd opt for 2 rooms, at least you'd have 2 bathrooms then which would have to be a real plus with 4 people. Unless you have really young kids, 4 people of any size in most rooms is really cramped. There are some suite type rooms at Plazza Bastille, in fact there is a thread about them which I just saw on this forum. You might want to check them out, otherwise check out 2 rooms,ask about adjoining rooms. We stayed at the Relais Bosquet (7th Arr) last year and they had a few adjoining rooms for families.

Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:47 PM
MaryC

Hi Ais,

Here's a short list of definites:
CASTEX HOTEL - 4th/Marais - 91E (about $90)
GRAND HOTEL JEANNE D'ARC - 4th/Marais - $120
HOTEL DES CROISES - 9th - apt. w/ 2bdrms - quoted in 1999 @ 550FF (about $80)

Here's a list of FAMILY ROOMS (hopefully they mean Quads):
HOTEL DE NICE - 4th/Marais
HOTEL SAINT-MERRY - 4th
HOTEL DE LUTECE - 4th
HOTEL DEGRES DE NOTRE DAME - 5th
HOTEL DES GRANDES ECOLES - 5th
LE JARDIN DES PLANTES - 5th
HOTEL CLUNY SORBONNE - 5th
HOTEL SAINT-PAUL - 6th/St. Germain de Pres
HOTEL DE L'ODEON - 6th
REGENT'S HOTEL - 6th
HOTEL DU DANUBE - 6th
HOTEL SAINT-ANDRE-DES-ARTS - 6th
HOTEL DE BEAUHARNAIS - 9th
HOTEL ETOILE PARK - 17th
HOTEL ERMITAGE - 18th

Please e-mail me if you need phone/fax#s. I also have a list of TRIPLES that might be made into a QUAD should the hotel agree to add an extra bed (maybe??).

In any case, these should be within your price range.

Ais, except for the Castex Hotel (recommended by Rick Steves) all these hotels are listed in "Charming Small Hotel Guides - a Duncan/Petersen Guide", 1999 edition, so they should be fairly good. I've used it to find hotels in Paris on my last trip and I haven't been disappointed yet.

BON VOYAGE!!!! : )

Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:35 PM
gb

We stayed at a comfortable one in Hotel Muguet

Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:19 PM
Wendy

Hotel Delambre quad room for $120 USD. Clean, Nice staff, edgar Quinet metro stop 1 block away. Laundry mat next door. Quiet, well located. 3 stars. We used it in June. 2 rooms, 1 queen, 1 with 2 single beds and they offered a cot. Bathroom was very nice and spotless. Good luck.

Aug 2nd, 2002, 06:58 PM
sandra

I have stayed at both the Danube and the Bourdonnais. Not in quad rooms, but i have shoved my head n plenty of rooms while the maids have the doors open.
I would not recommend the Bourdonnais for many reasons. First the location is not prime, the rooms are dingy and the staff mostly disgruntled. Pluses close to metro, grocery store next door, atm and 5 minute walk to eifel and seine also if staying in summer bourdonnais has A/C.
The Danube on the other hand is all pluses Great staff, fabulous location, bright airy rooms, 5 minute walk to rue buci and blvd st germain, Wonderfully entertaining night clerk Francois, large bathrooms, porter service, and i could go on and on. The Danube is a favorite on this board and they fill up far in advance so contact them now.

Aug 4th, 2002, 05:12 AM
pppp

Are u bringing kids? Coz, if so, i would recommend getting a triple with an extra bed.

Aug 4th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Ais

Yes, my kids are 8 and 9.

Aug 4th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Nancy

I can tell you about the quad rooms at Hotel Muguet. Just my husband and myself stayed in one in May. The bedroom area had two twins (which we shoved together). Without the beds together, there were narrow aisles between the beds, and all around. There were two nice sized closets that just held our things, one closet each. There was an alcove between the bathroom and the bedroom exactly the width of the trundle bed there. (We used the area for storage.) When the second bed is set up, it would completely block the path to the bathroom. No kidding. If you wanted to get into the bathroom, you'd have to walk across the bed. While the room would sleep four, it would be terribly cramped. You'd all be bumping into each other and stepping over your things. By the way, it is awfully late to be booking for the end of October.

Aug 28th, 2002, 10:37 AM
jetset2

topping for jetset

Aug 28th, 2002, 06:01 PM
g

Our room at the Hotel Muguet was a little bigger. We had a king bed, then a short wall. Next to the short wall was two twin beds pushed together. On the other side of the beds was the bathroom. It was a bit tight, but there was a walk space that was adequate.

Aug 28th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Sandyq

Another idea: we stayed at a B&B in a gret location--a block from the Seine, in the 5th, in an ancient stone apartment building--that was plenty large and also inexpensive, at 120 E a night with breakfast. There was a breakfast room, another room with a desk, a double bed with a loft that had twin beds, and great views over gardens and rooftops from huge windows. We really felt Parisian, and the owner, Brigitte is charming. You can check it out at
http://www.specialplacestostay.com/s...BB2014&-search.

Aug 28th, 2002, 07:52 PM
gen

We stayed with our daughter in a quad at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the 5th. It was very nice and there was a curtain between her section of the room and ours.