Spanish Steps Terrace Apartment Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any one heard of this apartment. I am wondering if it is too good to be true? If you have stayed there let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 06:40 PM

Hello hammond5

It's hard to imagine there is only one terrace apartment in Rome near the Spanish Steps.

If you would kindly provide a link to the apartment, you might get some help with your question.

Happy travels!
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM

It's true....what site did you find it on? any reference numbers?
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Sorry. i found it through accom_rome.com
http://www.rome-accom.com/accommodation/spanish-steps
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM

That link only took me to the general page, but is it this one: http://www.rome-accom.com/accommodat...s-terrace.aspx I'm not so familiar with Rome Accom, but I have heard of them and have actually never heard anything bad. The apartment really does look absolutely lovely. How many people are you looking to house? Like the price for 4 is a little steep, even for the area, but at higher occupancies the deal is actually quite good. I've been happy for the past couple of years using Leisure in Rome for my own friends and family, but if you do pick this apartment, let me know how it turns out
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi hammonds,

i had a look at the website and for the price it looks fine. Certainly it doesn't strike me as particularly cheap, as your question implies.

We rented through Rome.accom about 3 years ago, and they were ok to deal with. we had originally booked an apartment in Trastevere but about 6 weeks before we were due to go, they contacted us saying that it had been withdrawn by the owners. I checked on the website and that did seem to be the case. they initially offered us two separate apartments which woudl have meant a move mid week, but when we insisted on jsut having one, came up with a great apartment that was much better than our original one, albeit at a slightly higher price, but it was easter week.

the car they booked for us was a bit late collecting us from the airport but apart from that the apartment was just like it looked on the website, [actually it was better] everything worked, and the owner was charming. the location was better than we had been expecting.

absolutely no reason why you shouldn't book this apartment, if you like it.

regards, ann
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 02:05 PM

I'd ask about the heights of the ceilings in the bedrooms. They look as if they've been built on new intermediate levels in an old, high-ceilinged space. Some of these "soppalco" rooms can be quite low.