Apartment in Rome??

Old Sep 8th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment in Rome??

We are a family of four traveling to Italy for the first time next summer and would like to find recommendations for a nice apartment in rome. Has anyone stayed somewhere memorable?
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 06:51 AM

I suggest slowtrav.com.
Good luck on your search!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM

We rented an apartment from Real Rome. The apartment was fairly good and quite clean, what made it special was the great location and how much cheaper it was than other apartments.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:48 AM

How memorable? There are some fantastic apartments in Rome, somtimes built into spectacular old villas and private palaces. Or equally memorable could be the little fifth floor walk up attic that overlooks the Campo di Fiori. What kind of memorable are you looking for and how much do you want to spend? A week or more or less?
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 02:00 PM

We booked our apartment in Rome with http://www.sleepinitaly.com. However, we have not taken our trip yet so my dealings with them have been miminal.

best of luck!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM

We rented from SleepinItaly in April...Giullia was wonderful. Very prompt with responses. We would rent from them again in a minute. BTW...we rented and apartment on via dei Pastini. A really great location by the Parthenon. Over a pizzeria!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 05:12 PM

I second sleepinitaly

sandyd: Wasn't that a souvlaki- and- moussaka outlet below your apartment?(LOL)
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 06:19 PM
jfm

we rented an excellent apartment for 1 year ago for 6 persons. Aurelia Residence is the name of the apartments. we were incredibly happy with the accomodations and services. hospitality was exceptional. location was super.

we rented thru barclayweb.com. not sure if Aurelia still works with barclayweb, in which case...direct contact information is:

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.aureliaresidence.it

btw...i have no relationship with aurelia other than being a very satisfied customer. if i go back to rome, i will definitely stay there again. good luck, jfm.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 06:20 PM

My family of 5 rented an apartment near St. Peter's a couple of summers ago for 150 Euros per night. It was wonderful! We loved the independence of an apartment versus a hotel. The very best feature was that it had 2 separate room air conditioners which worked over time in July's awful heat. It has 2 bedrooms and a shower; no cooking facilities. Take a look at www.italyanditaly.tv.com. Link "apartments" "Rome" and scroll to Apartment Scipioni e Properzio. You'll see 3 small images on the left. Click on the bottom most blue image.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 06:57 PM

We rented from www.romepower and loved the whole experience. Their web site is very informative and user friendly. Many of their apartments rent on a daily basis, some requiring as little as a 3 day stay, rather that the standard Sat.-Sat. rental.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 05:20 AM

We stayed at this place ("Julia") a 1BR (king), 1 bath, kitchen, and large living/dining rom with 2 fold-out couches. A true gem located on one of the prettiest streets in Rome.

http://www.romanhomes.com/vacation_r...star/julia.htm

A much nicer (and more expensive) place with 2 full BR, 2 baths, patio, etc. is this:

http://www.romanhomes.com/vacation_r...botticelli.htm
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM

tegdale...you might be right! Seems that they had a bit of everything on the menu outside (we never went in, but did eat at antonio's across the lane - twice!). The best part was the sound of the bakery kneading bread every morning at 3:00! Would still go back to that same apartment in a heartbeat!
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 05:46 PM

Augsbut, it's been five days since you posted. Any chance you're coming back to answer questions or make comments?
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We are only staying in Rome 4 days before heading north (less than one week min) and hope to spend less than 300E.
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 10:57 AM

my suggestion is figure out WHERE in rome you want to stay first, then search that. There are sooo many apartments you won't have trouble finding one. Do a google search for Rome Apartments. Or in my case i did Trasteve Apartments.

http://www.apartmentsinrome.net/
has apartments broken out into how many people it sleeps/price/location in an easy list. might be quick and handy since you have a family.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Sandyd,
Was this the "Apartment Pastini", if so can you tell me about it? How was it etc.?
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM

Hi lvitaly...the Pastini apartment was terrific. There are 3 rooms in a straight line. The living room is in the front and is noisy due to all of the pedestrian activity on Pastini (it is ped only). The "din" is consistent and really didn't bother us, but I don't think I would want to use that room to sleep in (there is a pull-out bed and an extra sofa). The next room is the bedroom and it has a door to close off between it and the living room so you don't hear the noise. Queen bed. Old furniture, but adequate. 3 steps up into the kitchen - full size fridge, apartment size stove and small table with 2 stools. The bathroom is off of the kitchen thru a "pocket" door. The kitchen door opens out onto a private terrace...we ate many lunches and drank alot of wine out there. Other big pluses...within a half block of Tazo d'Oro (wonderful espresso/cappuccino)and the Pantheon. Very close to a grocery store. I can give you more detail if you decide to rent the apartment. This is really an excellent location. Downside - the noise at night mentioned above. DH and I are good sleepers, so it really didn't bother us much. We would definitely rent there again thru sleepinitaly.com.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 07:59 AM

Thanks so much Sandyd!!!
I am the first on this board to reccommend Palazzo Olivia ( close to Piazza Navona)as i stayed there a few years ago but their prices have gone up so i am venturing out looking at other apts. I know the appx. area of where this apt. would be and i like it.The price is really good as well.
Did it have air conditoning or at least fans? We will be going in Sept. of 2006 and i know it can still be warm that time of year.Also, when you say noise, was it because you had windows open or it is just plain noisy?? When i stayed at Palazzo Olivia, with the windows open it was noisy which was o.k for a while. Once you closed them though ( windows were i think double pain) the noise vanished for the most part. No air but fans.
I am also looking at Via Sant'Eustachio apt. near the Pantheon which can be rented from Sleep In Italy as well. So far there is availibilty as well.
Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 06:41 AM

Hi ilvitaly...we rented the apartment for the last week in April...we didn't need AC or fans. I would suspect that there is no AC, but the owner lives in the building and could probaly provide fans. We often had the back door to the terrace open. There is definitly consistent noise of the ped traffic on Pastini which we only heard in the living room (regardless of open or closed/shuttered windows). The noise we found disturbing was the kneading of dough at 3am either from the pizzeria or the bakery. It really only was a problem for 2 of the 7 nights.