Reload this Page >

Scandinavia hotels on net?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:30 AM
kte

Has anyone ever booked through hotelsbook.net? I would appreciate a rating on their reliability or info on any other reliable site for hotels. <BR><BR>Also happy to have your recommendations for well located good hotels in Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm, and Helsinki. Thanks<BR><BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Rex

Even though my only (personal) travels to Scandinavia was in Denmark, I helped my mother book several rooms in Sweden and Norway a few years using http://www.historiskehotel.no/ - - Historic Hotels of Scandinavia. Good experience with all of the places used on that trip.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:16 AM

topping, for kte<BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Gregory

Hi,<BR><BR>I stayed at the Radisson SAS Hesperia in Helsinki a couple of years ago. It is close to the centre and the olympic stadium and offers good rates especially at thr weekend with good facilites. Radisson SAS have several hotels in most of the cities you mention.<BR>website is www.radissson.com or www.radissonsas.com

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Andrew

Any more suggestions? I am also interested in this.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:07 PM
devona

A great website for unique hotels in Sweden is www.countrysidehotels.se The hotels they feature are converted manor houses and historic hotels. Once we recieved their brochure it was difficult to decide where to stay!! They all looked fabulous. <BR><BR>In Oslo, I can highly recommend the Bristol Hotel. We enjoyed our stay there immensely. The rooms were large and comfortable, and the hotel lobby was beautiful. They were kind enough to keep our car and a great amount of our luggage while we went to Aurland (by train) for three nights to see the Fjiords. Oslo is a great city....I look forward to a return visit.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:17 PM
shannon

The Radisson suggested by one of the posters, is having a "Summer Magic" promotion with unbelievable rates with breakfast. Go to the radissonsas.com website. I am booked in Oslo this summer for about $119/night!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Elizabeth

I stayed in a hotel in Stockholm called Bern or Berns, which was in a beautiful place and elegant in a lovely understated Scandinavian way. I loved it. It was the most nicely designed hotel room I have ever had.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Bjorn

Try the clickable www.norway.com<BR>Both Oslo and Bergen lists are good.<BR>Agree with Bristol in Oslo, and of course with the "Oslo is beautiful"-statement.<BR>Bristol is in the upper price range, though, and there are more, equally and even better located close by. <BR>Cecil I guess is ideal. The breakfast too. <BR>Bergen: The Bryggen area, or Ole Bull's square more in the middle of town.<BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:10 AM
up

towards the Arctic circle<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Bill I

When we were in Oslo, we stayed at the Cecil (part of the Rainbow Hotels). It was an excellent place to stay. The room was goos sized, the breakfast was fantastic, & location was excellent for walking to many of the sites & the harbor area. Highly recommend it.<BR> In Stockholm, we stayed at the Queen's hotel - a Rick Steve's recommendation - it was ok, but the room was small, & the window opened out onto the rooftop where children, who lived in the attached buildings, would play. It is about 10 minute walk from there to the big park & towards Gamla Sta, & about 20 minute walk from the trai station.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:10 AM
ttt

Anybody else?<BR>