Reload this Page >

Santa Chaira Hotel-Rome

Search

Santa Chaira Hotel-Rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Dana Caledonia

Santa Chaira Hotel-Rome

Has anyone stayed at the Santa Chaira Hotel in Rome? How was it and what is close to sight see. Also do you know of a nice hotel in Venice that will accomodate a family of 5 that is close to the cruise port?

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Henry

Dana,We stayed at Santa C in 9/01.We liked it very much.It is located very close to the Panteheon,an excellent location.Enjoy.<BR>PS: You will find many references to this hotel on this message board.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Myer

I think if you do a search here you will find that this board alone can keep it in business.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:58 AM
elaine

yes as Henry says, if you do a search here on the Santa Chiara you will find many many positive comments<BR>I stayed there last fall myself. Loved it, would definitely stay there again.<BR>10-minute walk from Piazza Navona or Campo dei Fiori, around the corner from the Pantheon. Very central. Excellent breakfast buffet with great coffee.<BR>My single room was small but the bathroom good size except the shower stall wasn't much larger than a coffin.<BR>You might want to inquire about any family-sized or adjoining rooms.<BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Myer

Just got back and stayed at Santa Chiara.<BR><BR>It deserves all the good press it gets on this site.<BR><BR>Location, lobby, room, breakfast, helpful staff.<BR>

Old May 17th, 2002, 07:24 PM
jenna

Just be aware that during the summer ( when it's like 90 dergrees outside), they turn the a/c off during the night and then lie about it.

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:47 AM
elaine

I stayed there in late Sept when the a/c system was still in operation, and it was not turned off at night, in fact, I needed my blanket.<BR><BR>What I do know is that when the room servicing is completed by the maid, and when guests turn in their keys when they go out for the day, the a/c is turned off. That's to save energy. Once when I returned I had to call downstairs and remind the front desk to put my a/c back on, which they did, from down there.

Old May 19th, 2002, 02:08 AM

topping for caz

Old May 20th, 2002, 09:39 AM
lisa

Was there in late Aug-early Sept. last year and the air conditioning worked perfectly despite several cautions on this board to the contrary. We never had to ask them to turn it on; we controlled it ourselves in the room and turned it on and off as we liked. The location of the hotel is excellent, near the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. The room was small but we didn't mind as we weren't there much. Very clean. Good breakfast. We had a balcony too. I would stay there again.

Old May 20th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Marj

4 of us stayed in a quad room at Hotel FLora in Venice. This was the largest room. I don't know if they could put an additional bed in there to accomodate 5. You may need 2 rooms. We also stayed at Santa Chiara in Rome and liked it quite a bit.

Old May 20th, 2002, 12:10 PM
PickyGuest

Great hotel, one picky point: the guys at the front desk must get commission for sending you to specific hotels because they kept offering to help us get reservations at the same place around the corner. We went and had a subpar meal. For our whole stay they kept asking if they could make a reservation for us, but after that we didn't bite (no pun intended).