hotel santa maria de trastevere

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 07:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This hotel gets rave reviews from everyone. Has anyone stayed there? They seem to be so popular I wonder if it's too late to get a room for late Oct. or early Nov? I'm still working on the dates I'll be able to go, or I'd contact them now.
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 08:15 PM

I have stayed there, and it is a wonderful little hotel, sort of bungalows around two quiet courtyards. Very nice people run it, one minute from Santa Maria Trastevere.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:38 AM

We stayed there last year.Great location,clean rooms,good size for Rome. Very good breakfast buffet.No-one told us about the antipasto available with drinks in the afternoon.
We found out on the last night. We would stay there again though.The only problem was that 2 people were out in the courtyard talking till 3 in the morning,after several drinks and you could hear them word for word.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:56 AM

We were there in April; loved the courtyard and bungalow feeling; also loved its location in Trastevere, just around the corner from the beautiful Santa Maria de Trastevere church, the piazza, the cafes. We found walking across the Tiber to central Rome not a problem at all. We would stay there again.
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM

My son and I stayed at this wonderful Hotel about two weeks ago. There is about nineteen rooms surrounding a courtyard with Orange Trees. It is non smoking, with updated amenities, clean bedding, and a personable staff. We received great service from Ariana (Reception) that made several calls for us due to our lost luggage. The hotel is gated and located in an alleyway which might seem intimidating because of all the grafitti. We can hear the bells chiming from the Santa Maria Church. We were about 15/20 minute walking distance to major tourist sites. I highly reccommend this hotel.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 04:43 AM

We are planning to stay at Hotel Santa Maria in May 2007. So, walking to Vatican, Piazza Navona, Collosseum are 15-20 minutes? I see that tram #8 runs in Travestere - helpful to get around?
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 04:50 AM

I would add 5 to 15 minutes to each of those walking estimates.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 05:05 AM

Stayed there March 2005. Loved it. Enjoyed the little antipasti and wine before dinner everynight while we wrote home on the computer. The breakfast was lovely and on Sunday morning you can walk to the flea market.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 05:16 AM
hdm

It was one of the two hotels we considered staying at last year. I can't remember why (although I'm sure it was nothing negative) but we opted for the Hotel San Francesco. If you can't get a reservation at the Santa Maria, I'd heartily recommend the San Francesco. It was clean, modern, nicely decorated, and offered great service. Our room, while small, was very pretty and the bathroom was enormous with a great big shower. Also, they had a lovely breakfast buffet and internet access in a little room off the lobby. It was a five-minute walk to the main street where we caught the trolley (4 or 5 stops) across the river to the centre of town and we often chose to walk. We were very pleased with the SF.