Reload this Page >

Comment on these choices please: Santa Chiara, Alessandra, Alaan com

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Susan

Hi, I am trying to pick hotels for our family trip to Rome, Florence and Venice. We are traveling during our kids school break in February (kids are ages 12 and 15). We only have a couple of days in each city so I want to stay in good locations for sight seeing. I also wanted a moderately priced, clean hotel. We have a price limit of about Euro 200,00 to 240,00 per night. All of these hotels fit the bill and looked good to me as far as quality, and reviews on this and other web sites. I would appreciate any comments, good and bad! <BR><BR>Rome - Santa Chiara, quad room<BR>Florence - Hotel Alessandra, quad room<BR>Ala - 2 connecting doubles<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Susan.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Susan

Sorry, about that title on this email. I must of typed too quickly! It is Ala; not Alaan com!<BR><BR>Susan.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Giovanna

We loved the Santa Chiara. Stayed there last May. It is steps away from the Pantheon and only a block or so from Piazza Navona. The location is great, breakfast was much better than usual, staff helpful and our room was very clean. The shower was a phone booth, but we coped. Would definitely stay there again.<BR><BR>I don't know the Alessandra, but would highly recommend The Cascia in Florence. Family owned and family friendly. Also an excellent location.<BR><BR>We have not stayed at the Ala, but it has been recommended favorably many times on this forum.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:51 AM
Michelle

Dear Susan:<BR><BR>I see you've decided against the Pendini. I don't know how the Alessandra is, but it is near the Ponte Vecchio. We stayed near there also at the Relais Ufizzi and I think it is a great choice for the area. Handy to the Palazzo Vecchio and all the action. <BR><BR>I have not stayed at the Santa Chiara, but again, the area is great.<BR>Good luck,<BR>Michelle

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Susan

Yes Michelle,<BR>I received enough negative comments to decide against the Pendini. I will look into the Relais Uffizi. Thanks!

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Michelle

Susan:<BR><BR>Relais Uffizi is in the Karen Brown books: www.karenbrown.com. They tend to be more expensive, but this one wasn't. The website will show really nice rooms with canope beds, but that is only in the double rooms. Our triple(which can also be a quad) wasn't quite as fancy. The location was excellent.<BR><BR>In 1994 we stayed near the Santa Maria Novella area. Didn't like it that much. <BR><BR>Good luck,<BR>Michelle